The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Uni of Kent

Can I apply for an accommodation later in the year? I’ve picked commuting and want to give it a try but I’m worried in winter I won’t like it at all, is it possible to later apply for an accommodation
Original post by Anonymous
Can I apply for an accommodation later in the year? I’ve picked commuting and want to give it a try but I’m worried in winter I won’t like it at all, is it possible to later apply for an accommodation

Hey,

I'm also a commuting student so understand the winter concerns - are you commuting by bus/train/car? How long will your commute be? :smile:

In terms of accommodation, it's difficult to say for sure whether you will still be able to apply for student accommodation later in the year (due to it being first come first serve), but you should definitely email the accommodation office to see if this is a possibility even if you think you might consider it at a later date: [email protected] (or 01227 766660). I'm pretty sure you can as sometimes students will drop out or move accommodations so you may be able to fill someone's space in those cases! Or, you could also consider off-campus accommodation. It's worth keeping an eye on any University of Kent Facebook groups later in the year, like the official freshers one, to see if anyone is posting about having a spare room available (whether that's on or off campus, as sometimes people will try to arrange a new flatmate themselves).

Hope this helps!

Natalie
University of Kent Student Rep
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by University of Kent
Hey,

I'm also a commuting student so understand the winter concerns - are you commuting by bus/train/car? How long will your commute be? :smile:

In terms of accommodation, it's difficult to say for sure whether you will still be able to apply for student accommodation later in the year (due to it being first come first serve), but you should definitely email the accommodation office to see if this is a possibility even if you think you might consider it at a later date: [email protected] (or 01227 766660). I'm pretty sure you can as sometimes students will drop out or move accommodations so you may be able to fill someone's space in those cases! Or, you could also consider off-campus accommodation. It's worth keeping an eye on any University of Kent Facebook groups later in the year, like the official freshers one, to see if anyone is posting about having a spare room available (whether that's on or off campus, as sometimes people will try to arrange a new flatmate themselves).

Hope this helps!

Natalie

Thank u for the response! I’m commuting from London Victoria to Canterbury West by train so it’s roughly around 2 hours? Thank you for giving me the email!
Thank u for the response! I’m commuting from London Victoria to Canterbury West by train so it’s roughly around 2 hours? Thank you for giving me the email!

No worries!

Oh cool - to be honest, I find getting the train in winter isn't so bad and is generally quite reliable (other than strikes), you just have to time it right to minimise time spent in the cold :biggrin:

Best of luck to you with whatever you decide to do!! :smile:

Natalie
Reply 4
Original post by University of Kent
No worries!

Oh cool - to be honest, I find getting the train in winter isn't so bad and is generally quite reliable (other than strikes), you just have to time it right to minimise time spent in the cold :biggrin:

Best of luck to you with whatever you decide to do!! :smile:

Natalie

If I do change my mind and decide for an accommodation, on my enrolment page on kentvision I already said I was commuting from home, is there a way to change this?
If I do change my mind and decide for an accommodation, on my enrolment page on kentvision I already said I was commuting from home, is there a way to change this?

If you apply through the accommodation office, they should be able to change all your official details for you :smile:

Natalie
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending