The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Aston University and International Business

Hey guys, I'm looking to study international business but I also like the business and international relations course at Aston University!
Is there anyone who on this course or just generally a student @ Aston University that could advice me about it?

Many Thanks!
Reply 1
I'm in the same situation, torn up between choosing I.R and business or international business. I think that maybe international business is just too business-oriented for me and international relations with business could be a good balance, as I'm interested in history and geography too.
If somebody from Aston could answer, it would be very kind!
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I've got exactly the same problem, hesitating between these 2 courses. I think maybe
Reply 3
You are probably splitting hairs.

Neither choice will matter a bean at a job interview or for short listing unless there are specific modules you WANT to take that help you pass professional exams required for a chosen career path which if studied as part of your degree will reduce study time elsewhere.

So do the one that involves the least work for the equivalent qualification. You don't need a university requiring you to pass exams in a subject to learn it yourself outside your degree.
I've just graduated from Aston (admittedly, not from their business school...), so if you wanted any information / advice about the university itself I'd be happy to try and help you, wherever possible. Good luck with your studies, all. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest