The Student Room Group

Should I redo another year at college or go to the uni I got into

I got my results in August and did somewhat poor, B in Business, C in Economics, C in Graphics Design (despite getting B's in AS & A2). So, I was unable to get into my firm choice uni (University of Manchester Business School) but got accepted into my insurance choice instead (Aston Uni Business School) however, I did some more research on Aston and realised that it wasn't really for me. I tried applying via clearing to a Cardiff Uni because it's close to me but I was rejected.

So, I've been considering in doing another year of a-levels with the same subjects to improve my grades for a better uni. I just enrolled for another year at college today but a part of me regretted it instantly and wants to move on with life and go to uni, but I don't want to settle for an average uni (no offence). My priority would be to go to uni but a top tier one. Could anyone give advice on what to do?
Original post by chenrich11
I got my results in August and did somewhat poor, B in Business, C in Economics, C in Graphics Design (despite getting B's in AS & A2). So, I was unable to get into my firm choice uni (University of Manchester Business School) but got accepted into my insurance choice instead (Aston Uni Business School) however, I did some more research on Aston and realised that it wasn't really for me. I tried applying via clearing to a Cardiff Uni because it's close to me but I was rejected.

So, I've been considering in doing another year of a-levels with the same subjects to improve my grades for a better uni. I just enrolled for another year at college today but a part of me regretted it instantly and wants to move on with life and go to uni, but I don't want to settle for an average uni (no offence). My priority would be to go to uni but a top tier one. Could anyone give advice on what to do?

What was it about Aston which made you realise "that it wasn't really for me"?

How you you reconcile the part of you which "wants to move on with life and go to uni" with your desire to not only "go to uni but a top tier one"? Which is more important to you?

Are you worried that your career post-university will be impacted by having attended Aston rather than Manchester? Or are you worried about your university experience if you're not at "a top tier one"?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending