The Student Room Group

M3, flipping through the textbook.. statics??

I have one more module to pick (self taught) for the full A2 Further Maths. Either D2, S2, or M3.

A lot of M3 is covered in Physics in terms of concepts, and I looked at most of the calculation and it doesn't seem too bad at this point.

But bloody hell the statics chapter looks horrifying! I actually like calculus but it seems to throw so many points to remember and almost nothing is given in the formula booklet!

How bad is it, really?
Original post by TheBBQ

Difficulty is in the eye of the beholder. We all have our strengths and weaknesses so only you'll be able to know how hard you truly find it.

However, S2 seems like a far safer option for somebody who doesn't dislike statistics with a passion.
Reply 2
Unfortunately I do hate Statistics.. but I do enjoy Mechanics quite a lot, looking to go into a joint honours Maths/Physics degree.

But I'm just hoping that there are ways to derive and remember all the formulas required in M3 and that it isn't simply a memory game. Seeing as the formula booklet gives very little, this worried me a little bit! All the formulas required in M1 and M2 made perfect sense to me, so I had no problem with that.

Quick Reply

Latest