The Student Room Group

BTEC L3 Health and Social Care; unit 5 (help)

I am very stuck on multiple things and need serious help lol
1. with B.D2 (justify the strategies and techniques used to overcome ethical issues and challenges experienced by individuals with different needs when planning and providing care), what does this mean? is it the same as M3?
2. When it says individuals with needs, is it your case studies that you've chosen or individuals in general?? im so lost

any help will be appreciated :smile:
Reply 1
Im doing the same course and recently finished that piece of coursework. Heres what i understand.
The distinction is where you expand on the merit stuff so its likely to be similar but in more detail.
With the individuals with needs bit, i would use the case studies because they have different conditions so it will cover a variety of needs.
Hope that helps
Original post by thesundayzone
1. with B.D2 (justify the strategies and techniques used to overcome ethical issues and challenges experienced by individuals with different needs when planning and providing care), what does this mean? is it the same as M3?
2. When it says individuals with needs, is it your case studies that you've chosen or individuals in general?? im so lost

When it says individuals with needs this means your case studies.

For D2:
Why did you choose to se those particular strategies and techniques to help the people in the case studies? Provide evidence on how these strategies are proven to support people with those needs and used to overcome any ethical issues & challenges experienced by the chosen individuals (case studies again) when planning for and providing their care.

M3 has a slight distinction which is talking about what ethical approach was used and why, and then how this approach gave potential benefits to the case studies. D2 is talking more about strategies and techniques while touching lightly on M3. These points do have overlap though so don't be afraid to cover points again in D2 that you have already discussed in M3. Speak to your course lecturer as well as it's possible you may be able to combine these 2 points together to make writing them easier, this is what I did.
Original post by Greymagic27
When it says individuals with needs this means your case studies.
For D2:
Why did you choose to se those particular strategies and techniques to help the people in the case studies? Provide evidence on how these strategies are proven to support people with those needs and used to overcome any ethical issues & challenges experienced by the chosen individuals (case studies again) when planning for and providing their care.
M3 has a slight distinction which is talking about what ethical approach was used and why, and then how this approach gave potential benefits to the case studies. D2 is talking more about strategies and techniques while touching lightly on M3. These points do have overlap though so don't be afraid to cover points again in D2 that you have already discussed in M3. Speak to your course lecturer as well as it's possible you may be able to combine these 2 points together to make writing them easier, this is what I did.

thank you!!
i hate to be a bother but for task two where it says 'prepare a presentation', does it mean a powerpoint? this wasnt explained to us in class lol
thank you!!
i hate to be a bother but for task two where it says 'prepare a presentation', does it mean a powerpoint? this wasnt explained to us in class lol

I’d assume yes but check with your course tutor.

I did this module so I can assist u. add my insta classic_therapist. or snap ayomide56k

You are given a case study. The case study i was given jim and R. you got to pick one and link it to the case study . it is similar to m3 but at the same time has to be detailed. I would suggest you joining up m3 and d2 do you are not repeating yourself. you are basically giving a reason of strategies( so justify how the strategy would help the ethical issues that may happen with r or jim, i would suggest to pick one case study unless your tutor say u can pick 2) for ethical issues jim or r is having when u are providing care for them with individual needs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending