The Student Room Group

2024 GYG #letsbecomeacademicweapons

Hello, I am Emmanuella and in year 12
I do biology (edexcel a) , psychology (AQA) and PE (AQA)

Here we can:

share tips and advice for different subjects

give tips on how to become at better studying/revision

My study goals for 2024

procrastinate less!

Use more active recall/ go through my flashcards more regularly

Get very good predicted grades in my both mocks

Feel free to share what your subjects your studying, your own study goals and any struggles
(edited 3 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emmanuella16

Here we can:

My study goals for 2024

procrastinate less!

Feel free to share what your subjects your studying, your own study goals and any struggles

I'm in year 13 and I do biology (edexcel A). I also do geography (AQA) and RS (OCR). I have offers from all the unis I applied to, to study biology.
Original post by flowersinmyhair
I'm in year 13 and I do biology (edexcel A). I also do geography (AQA) and RS (OCR). I have offers from all the unis I applied to, to study biology.

wait your exam board is Edexcel SNAB (A) as well? :smile:
wait your exam board is Edexcel SNAB (A) as well? :smile:

Yup
Yup

oh thats cool, i hate the textbooks tho
I did AQA sciences at gcse
I guess ur aiming for A/A* since you want to study bio at uni
do you have any advice to help me achieve that :smile:

Here we can:

My study goals for 2024

procrastinate less!

Hello - nice to see another Emmanuella on Grow your Grades :biggrin:! I also do AQA Psychology, and I find it easier to make essay plans for each topic :smile:!

Excited to see what you get up to on this academic journey of yours!
Original post by emm4nuella
Hello - nice to see another Emmanuella on Grow your Grades :biggrin:! I also do AQA Psychology, and I find it easier to make essay plans for each topic :smile:!

Excited to see what you get up to on this academic journey of yours!

great! i think we have met on here like recently aha
but yes we have done approaches in psychology and we are doing biopsycholgy and research methods, then soon we will do psychopathology
I am making essay plans for all the approaches for the16 markers/8 marker evaluation questions
great! i think we have met on here like recently aha
but yes we have done approaches in psychology and we are doing biopsycholgy and research methods, then soon we will do psychopathology
I am making essay plans for all the approaches for the16 markers/8 marker evaluation questions

yayyyy - great to hear :biggrin:!
Original post by emm4nuella
yayyyy - great to hear :biggrin:!

yeppp
oh thats cool, i hate the textbooks tho
I did AQA sciences at gcse
I guess ur aiming for A/A* since you want to study bio at uni
do you have any advice to help me achieve that :smile:

I use the old 2008/9 textbooks which I have no strong feelings towards (except the one particularly disgusting picture in the year 2 textbook). I did Edexcel sciences at GCSE so I was used to it.

I'm aiming for A/B in biology (although an A* would be nice). I make my own flashcards online (so I can't lose them) using StudySmarter - I can tailor them to what I struggle with. Practise questions are also very important (I get a lot given from my teachers, so if you don't already it may be worth asking them). You can also look at AS questions as well as they are pretty much the same.
I use the old 2008/9 textbooks which I have no strong feelings towards (except the one particularly disgusting picture in the year 2 textbook). I did Edexcel sciences at GCSE so I was used to it.

I'm aiming for A/B in biology (although an A* would be nice). I make my own flashcards online (so I can't lose them) using StudySmarter - I can tailor them to what I struggle with. Practise questions are also very important (I get a lot given from my teachers, so if you don't already it may be worth asking them). You can also look at AS questions as well as they are pretty much the same.

Also worth mentioning that a lot of A-level questions involve topics further ahead, so it may be better to use AS questions for the time being

okay thankss
I would do u mean by distigusting pic in a year 2 bio textbook aha im curious now
okay thankss
I would do u mean by distigusting pic in a year 2 bio textbook aha im curious now

It is a picture of maggots eating a wound on somebody's foot (someone kindly covered it in my copy of the textbook).
It is a picture of maggots eating a wound on somebody's foot (someone kindly covered it in my copy of the textbook).

oh ew yes tbh sometimes thats the reason I flip through pages quickly in a bio textbook, I got jump scared bad a few times before ( i know it sounds pathetic lol)
oh ew yes tbh sometimes thats the reason I flip through pages quickly in a bio textbook, I got jump scared bad a few times before ( i know it sounds pathetic lol)

Topic 6 can be quite unpleasant at times (you need to know in detail how a dead body decomposes)
Topic 6 can be quite unpleasant at times (you need to know in detail how a dead body decomposes)

oh lovely :frown:
oh lovely :frown:

you can now prepare yourself for that, wish I'd known lol
you can now prepare yourself for that, wish I'd known lol

okay is there anything else haha for me mentally prepare for lol
okay is there anything else haha for me mentally prepare for lol

not really I don't think so but if you don't like bugs you may not be so fond of the lifecycle of a fly
not really I don't think so but if you don't like bugs you may not be so fond of the lifecycle of a fly

I hate crawly critters/ bugs/spiders and all that 😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending