The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kingquang
faux leather is never a good investment.

why?
Reply 181
Original post by A random human
why?

It looks cheap & doesn't hold up.
Original post by Peachz
It looks cheap & doesn't hold up.

Whats a good type of fake leather then? I cant spend 300+ quid on a real leather jacket :P
Reply 183
Whats a good type of fake leather then? I cant spend 300+ quid on a real leather jacket :P

There isn't that's kinda the point.
Guys, what's your favourite all-round clothing store when you're on a budget?

Mine is River Island and Burton, occasionally Primark do some pretty decent Knitwear as well.
Need a decent pair of winter boots that can keep out snow/rain. Preferably in brown.

Have a budget <£100, can anyone sort me out or point me to some good stores/online?

If I were you I would just keep looking online for the genuine leather jackets around the
£100 (if possible!) to £200 mark and then hunt them down in the January sales.

I managed to find a cobalt blue leather biker jacket like that uniqlo one you linked in Zara for £60, reduced twice from £180. Obviously it's not gonna be the best quality for that price, but any leather is better than non-leather I would say.

I agree with everyone else saying that great leather jackets rarely come under £300 but you're gonna have to strike a balance between quality and cost.
Reply 188
Original post by Peachz
[video="youtube;Dk0roE34zLw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk0roE34zLw[/video]

Cheers for your help mate x
Original post by Fruscianterules
Cheers for your help mate x

Some New Balance trainers are actually great, but it depends on the model and your outfit. Steve Carrell's outfit was horrible, and his shoes was running trainers and not 'sneakers'.
Original post by kingquang
Some New Balance trainers are actually great, but it depends on the model and your outfit. Steve Carrell's outfit was horrible, and his shoes was running trainers and not 'sneakers'.

Know any that would go with black jeans/ blackish jacket? Casual outfit
Reply 192
First-date attire:

Godspeed.
Reply 193
Usually I don't like big printed t's but I'm not sure whether I think this is cool or not, check this t-shirt out image1xl.jpg
Original post by Peachz
[video="youtube;Dk0roE34zLw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk0roE34zLw[/video]

Great, just ordered a pair of NBs then I come on here and see this.:redface:
Original post by Fruscianterules
Know any that would go with black jeans/ blackish jacket? Casual outfit

You could go for these:

Spoiler

Try finding models in black, white/grey or navy, or any other dark colours.
The only boots you'll ever need :wink:image1xxl.jpg
Just got back from a week in Cyprus living out of a Ryanair cabin suitcase. Relief on having my wardrobe returned to me.

Now I can rock those Wallabees...
Reply 198
Looking for some flecked wool trousers. Proving quite difficult ATM.
Suggestions for a decent holdall/weekend bag? Got a couple of three day courses coming up in London and need something to hold all my ****!

Latest