The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1983
Today I managed to bag a pair of red 501s for under £20.
Reply 1984
Picked up some Levis 510 in black since my Topman ones had blown the crotch out, took it as a good opportunity to do a quality upgrade. Also got my eye on a couple of things.
Reply 1985
I forgot to mention they were from House of Fraser so check out your local store if you're interested.
Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
I saw a vintage one literally just like this today! £30 I think. Vintage is your best bet.

Thanks, where did you see it? Just a little independent shop?
Hi guys,

Looking for some advice.
I'm a total novice when it comes to male fashion and the main reason is because i'm tight and my small size.

However ive got a bit of money saved up now and want to start buying good clothes. The main areas i need sorting straight away are i need a plain grey jumper for work, couple of pair of jeans and a jacket / coat.

With the jacket or coat i prefer big coats than smaller ones.

The main problem i faced recently when shopping was im really small framed, we are talking 5ft 4 and 8 stone. The best fitting jeans i have are 30S from Topman. If i get 30/30 jeans they are too long so im thinking maybe 30/28 would be my correct size. I did however recently buy two pairs of smart trousers from Burton which were 30S and they fit fine with smart shoes but are a tiny bit too long without smart shoes.

Just before you give advice, i am looking to gain weight in the next year. Im hoping for 1 stone increase. I wear belts with the 30 waist jeans and trousers so i think this wont mean i have to buy a bigger size.

I bought some smart shirts from Primark with the size Small 14.5 " 37cm slim fit.
I presume 14.5 " is neck and 37cm is chest?

This jumper is the only thing ive really been looking at and thinking decent for the price?

http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Sweatshirt-In-Heavy-Pique/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=3298222&cid=14368&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Grey
Original post by Ruffiio
This look :eek3: Love it. Must find these pieces of clothing.
wardrobe3.jpg

This. Nice :eek:! Really like the blazer!

Original post by Nerd2
That's from Burton.

:excited: I'll have a look
Reply 1989
Original post by united2000

I bought some smart shirts from Primark with the size Small 14.5 " 37cm slim fit.

This jumper is the only thing ive really been looking at and thinking decent for the price?

http://www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Sweatshirt-In-Heavy-Pique/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=3298222&cid=14368&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Grey

Yes.

That isn't a jumper. It's a sweatshirt. Are you looking for a jumper or sweatshirt? If the former, a v-neck, round-neck...?

Re. the sweatshirt, I personally wouldn't purchase it since it's ASOS's own brand (I've heard poor reviews) and it's made of polyester.
Need a new bag
Reply 1991
Hi guys,

Looking for some advice.
I'm a total novice when it comes to male fashion and the main reason is because i'm tight and my small size.

However ive got a bit of money saved up now and want to start buying good clothes. The main areas i need sorting straight away are i need a plain grey jumper for work, couple of pair of jeans and a jacket / coat.

The main problem i faced recently when shopping was im really small framed, we are talking 5ft 4 and 8 stone. The best fitting jeans i have are 30S from Topman. If i get 30/30 jeans they are too long so im thinking maybe 30/28 would be my correct size. I did however recently buy two pairs of smart trousers from Burton which were 30S and they fit fine with smart shoes but are a tiny bit too long without smart shoes.

Just before you give advice, i am looking to gain weight in the next year. Im hoping for 1 stone increase. I wear belts with the 30 waist jeans and trousers so i think this wont mean i have to buy a bigger size.

If you're 5'4 and 8 stone I feel that a small would be too big for you.
28 length jeans can be pretty hard to find, you might have to buy 30 and turn-up the ends.

They're both chest, 14.5 inches = 37cm.
Hi guys,

Looking for some advice.

Your height to weight ratio is actually fine. For a European you might be considered 'small' for a man but nontheless your physique sounds absolutely fine. I'm 171cm and only weigh about 48 kg (5"6, 7.5) and I'm actually very skinny. I wear an XS for most brands in general and 28 for jeans / pants. You should also take XS (EU 44), S will be too large for you-especially the regular fit items. With regards to jeans, you seem to be 28 or 29. Since most 28's are a little small for me, I think they will fit you fine. Otherwise, go for 29 (very rare size, but H&M makes them). Otherwise, go 28 instead of 30 if 29 is not available

*I also take 14.5" for shirts
Got dem Dr Martens

They're nice, as expected.

I have to wear two pairs of thick socks, but thats cool!
Original post by Tom Wigan
Thanks, where did you see it? Just a little independent shop?

Ark in Liverpool
Reply 1996
Hi guys,

Looking for some advice.

If you don't mind me asking, have you stopped growing(16,17 or more)? If not, then stick to what you have already suggested. If you have then you could consider John Smedley. There is an online outlet shop and their stuff comes on sale on Mr Porter. You would be spending at least £60 during sale(normal price for a grey crew neck is c. £135) but they are good investment pieces. (If you are not sure about sizing I would go into a store and try one on. They have a shop on new bond street). John Smedley don't have XS though.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by polscistudent88
This. Nice :eek:! Really like the blazer!

:excited: I'll have a look

Is this not it? http://www.burton.co.uk/en/bruk/product/clothing-281559/mens-blazers-281866/turquoise-fleck-slim-fit-blazer-2497121?bi=1&ps=20

It's got horrible elbow patches though :/

Yes I think it is... And kind of agree... But it might look different in real?
Original post by polscistudent88
Yes I think it is... And kind of agree... But it might look different in real?

Buy it and tell me :biggrin:

Latest