The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by tehforum
Mine are quite slim.

fair enough then, should look fine :wink:
There are some really interesting arguments here, and I kinda agree with everyone in a way.

But I think ultimately whilst I agree that style should be subjective, and down to the individual, it is impossible to separate it from society's influence. Because we are only individuals when we are placed in society, and so we can only have the capacity to be stylish, within society too.

As individuals we might hate oxford shirts and brogues, but society tells us that they look good and gives them their character, and whatever we might personally think, it doesn't detract from that. Of course I'm a firm believer that people should wear whatever they want, but I would also agree with an above poster that the advice that's given on this forum is largely a reflection of the "tried and tested" fashion customs of society, but also with some of the contemporary fashion that's considered "safe".

And speaking of brogues I just bought these bad boys:

084010710073.jpg

81Czpf8mDqL._SY575_.jpg
Original post by MrFlash1994
There are some really interesting arguments here, and I kinda agree with everyone in a way.

But I think ultimately whilst I agree that style should be subjective, and down to the individual, it is impossible to separate it from society's influence. Because we are only individuals when we are placed in society, and so we can only have the capacity to be stylish, within society too.

As individuals we might hate oxford shirts and brogues, but society tells us that they look good and gives them their character, and whatever we might personally think, it doesn't detract from that. Of course I'm a firm believer that people should wear whatever they want, but I would also agree with an above poster that the advice that's given on this forum is largely a reflection of the "tried and tested" fashion customs of society, but also with some of the contemporary fashion that's considered "safe".

And speaking of brogues I just bought these bad boys:

084010710073.jpg

81Czpf8mDqL._SY575_.jpg

They're tasty!
Reply 583
I want this jacket so bad, but it is 300£ and I don't have that kinda cash.

19911_ED5107.jpg
Reply 584
Does anyone here regularly go to Oxford Street?
Original post by Peachz

19911_ED5107.jpg

£300?

What brand?
Reply 586
£300?

What brand?

Norse Projects.
Original post by Peachz
Norse Projects.

pah, but £300?

Looks like it has £20 quid max of material.
Reply 588
Original post by Peachz

19911_ED5107.jpg

Norse projects, some of the best casual clothes around, but ****ing hell the prices are crazy.

I want this one http://www.norseprojects.com/store/all/outerwear/nunk-cotton

EDIT: Just realized its the same jacket, although I prefer it in navy
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 589
pah, but £300?

Looks like it has £20 quid max of material.

Meh. Even if I had 300£ I don' think I would pull the trigger. Hopefully it will go into sales.

Original post by Nerd2
Norse projects, some of the best casual clothes around, but ****ing hell the prices are crazy.

I want this one http://www.norseprojects.com/store/all/outerwear/nunk-cotton

I know right! I love their jumpers, the fair isle stuff is really cool.
Reply 590
Does anyone/has anyone been to the Pull & Bear store on Oxford St?
Reply 591
Original post by Nerd2

I've been before it got refurbed. They have some nice stuff in there but I'm always unsure of the quality. They do some cool Chelsea boots though.
Reply 592
I am seriously considering dropping ~£300 on Edwin jumpers tbh :holmes:

Original post by Nerd2
Does anyone here regularly go to Oxford Street?

I live close by so I'm around once in a while.

Original post by Nerd2

I have a while ago, not a fan tbh, their stuff looks aright online but IRL the quality doesn't look great.
Original post by Peachz
As much as I love clothes, I feel like rent should probably take priority.

Just seen this, you disgust me. The more clothes you have, the warmer you will be sleeping in a cardboard box :fyi:
Reply 594
Original post by Tokyoround
Just seen this, you disgust me. The more clothes you have, the warmer you will be sleeping in a cardboard box :fyi:

But where will I put them all?!
Reply 595
I'm looking for a jumper but being on the slightly skinnier side i want one that's more of a slim fit. I wanted this http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2956711 but its now out of stock.

Does anyone have any recommendations on good jumpers preferably ones that are a bit more tighter?

Thanks!
Reply 596
Original post by JoEdBo
I'm looking for a jumper but being on the slightly skinnier side i want one that's more of a slim fit. I wanted this http://www.asos.com/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2956711 but its now out of stock.

Does anyone have any recommendations on good jumpers preferably ones that are a bit more tighter?

Thanks!

Allsaints jumpers tend to fit quite tight.
Reply 597
Original post by Peachz
Allsaints jumpers tend to fit quite tight.

Thanks, I'll have a look but i doubt I'll be about to afford those prices need something for around £40.
Where is a good place to buy plaid trousers?

Latest