The Student Room Group

Bartlett Task 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cordeliafoxx
i got an email from them today, interview on 12 Feb!

congradz!! have you got any other offers?
Original post by martinetlau
congradz!! have you got any other offers?

bath, edinburgh and manchester :smile: you?
bath, edinburgh and manchester :smile: you?

nottingham and edinburgh ;p whats the offer that edinburgh has given you? Mine is BBB
Original post by martinetlau
nottingham and edinburgh ;p whats the offer that edinburgh has given you? Mine is BBB

same. all my offers are different: bath (A*AA), manchester (AAB), edinburgh (BBB)
same. all my offers are different: bath (A*AA), manchester (AAB), edinburgh (BBB)

Have you got into UCL? I applied for September 2015 and I just got my task.
Reply 25
Original post by ianna.andreea
Have you got into UCL? I applied for September 2015 and I just got my task.

Ive got my task too... are you going to do all three options given?
Original post by waheedaR
Ive got my task too... are you going to do all three options given?

Hei! I did all three themes. But before sending my task I had second thoughts and emailed The Bartlett to ask for clarifications. Their response was that it is our choice how we respond the task and it can comprise one, two or three themes from those given. They said that the only must is to send 6 pieces.
Reply 27
Hei! I did all three themes. But before sending my task I had second thoughts and emailed The Bartlett to ask for clarifications. Their response was that it is our choice how we respond the task and it can comprise one, two or three themes from those given. They said that the only must is to send 6 pieces.

they said the same to me.. i think I'm only going to do two.. but for the six pieces of work did u draw something different under each headings or did u just develop on the same image????
they said the same to me.. i think I'm only going to do two.. but for the six pieces of work did u draw something different under each headings or did u just develop on the same image????

I draw something different for each of the 6. But that's just me, I'm sure that you can also develop on only one image. Which is your deadline?
Reply 29
I draw something different for each of the 6. But that's just me, I'm sure that you can also develop on only one image. Which is your deadline?

thankyou , my deadline is the 6th nov. did you just do drawings dan sketches or did u paint too??
thankyou , my deadline is the 6th nov. did you just do drawings dan sketches or did u paint too??

I did a lot of mixed tehnique. Basically used whatever I felt like using in that moment. In the end, to sum everything up: charcoal, markers, liner, graphite, tempera and pastel. And also I used colored paper for two of the works.
Reply 31
I did a lot of mixed tehnique. Basically used whatever I felt like using in that moment. In the end, to sum everything up: charcoal, markers, liner, graphite, tempera and pastel. And also I used colored paper for two of the works.

woow! thankyou.. i really don't know what I'm going to use... I'm thinking pencil, oil paints and charcoal pencils. maybe acrylic but i highly doubt it... I need to start doing them all! I've never done 1 minute sketch!:/ i take a lot of time
woow! thankyou.. i really don't know what I'm going to use... I'm thinking pencil, oil paints and charcoal pencils. maybe acrylic but i highly doubt it... I need to start doing them all! I've never done 1 minute sketch!:/ i take a lot of time

Hmmm... don't try too hard. The best advice for this, taking the risk of sounding cliché is to be yourself. I mean, those people really want to see your personal response. So don't overthink when you're drawing, just draw as if it were a normal day and you really felt like drawing something :smile:
And for the one minute one, great inspiration are Central Saint Martin fashion students' sketches.
Hi, I sent my Bartlett task off yesterday and it was received today!! My deadline is tomorrow, it's so scary!
Original post by Jasamarie
Hi, I sent my Bartlett task off yesterday and it was received today!! My deadline is tomorrow, it's so scary!

Woho, mine was recieved yesterday and got the confirmation from them today. I'm freaking out too. What did you draw?
Quite a lot of random things really haha, I don't want to say too much because some people are just receiving their tasks :L But I did 2 pieces for each of the 3 topics:smile: How about you?x
Quite a lot of random things really haha, I don't want to say too much because some people are just receiving their tasks :L But I did 2 pieces for each of the 3 topics:smile: How about you?x

True, let's be mysterious about it. I also did works for each of the topics, like 1 for one, 2 for other and 3 for the other. Lol. I'm wondering how much does 'shortly' means when they say 'we will contact you shortly'
Hahaha yeah, love that idea!:') I know!! That really scares me! Hopefully not too long, interviews are soon anyway! Where else have you chosen??
Hahaha yeah, love that idea!:') I know!! That really scares me! Hopefully not too long, interviews are soon anyway! Where else have you chosen??

Cambridge, UAL, Brookes and Westminster. And after I applied I realised I actually like Sheffield too, haha. Anyways, where have you applied except The Bartlett?
Yeah! i've applied to Cambridge too! What college have you chosen? Also, Edinburgh, Bath and Nottingham :smile: Good luck with your choices, have you heard from any yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending