The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

GCSE results

My GCSE results are:
Are these good enough grades to get into UCL? I’m focusing on a lot of super curricular and extra curricular such as running clubs and I’m on track to getting high A level results. Is that enough or will my GCSE grades prevent me?
Absolutely not ! Better off working in mcdonald’s !! (just kidding, most unis don’t care about gcse grades, just maths and english)
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by unknown20001
Absolutely not ! Better off working in mcdonald’s !! (just kidding, most unis don’t care about gcse grades, just maths and english)

It really depends. If the course is very competitive, GCSE grades can be used to differentiate students.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous #1
My GCSE results are:
Are these good enough grades to get into UCL? I’m focusing on a lot of super curricular and extra curricular such as running clubs and I’m on track to getting high A level results. Is that enough or will my GCSE grades prevent me?

It is really hard to say. Each year, it depends on the application cohort.

Focus on getting the best A level results. Once you have them, the GCSE results won't matter anymore.
Original post by Anonymous #1
My GCSE results are:

i just got into UCL actually (the Bartlett school of planning which is known to be extremely hard to get into) and my gcses were 9,8,7,7,7,6,6,6,6,5 so i think you’ll be fine. Also don’t ever let grade boundaries deter you, i’ve applied to many things before that I would’ve been viewed as “underqualified” for and got in against people that were actually overqualified. Have faith in yourself!!
Original post by Anonymous #2
i just got into UCL actually (the Bartlett school of planning which is known to be extremely hard to get into) and my gcses were 9,8,7,7,7,6,6,6,6,5 so i think you’ll be fine. Also don’t ever let grade boundaries deter you, i’ve applied to many things before that I would’ve been viewed as “underqualified” for and got in against people that were actually overqualified. Have faith in yourself!!

Which course at Bartlett have you been offered for? How long did you await your response?

My son has applied for Urban Planning & Real Estate. Only submitted in Late January though.
Original post by transient-jockey
Which course at Bartlett have you been offered for? How long did you await your response?

My son has applied for Urban Planning & Real Estate. Only submitted in Late January though.

Urban planning, design and management and i submitted my application around early december (before the 10th)

I got a contextual offer for BBB but i ended up settling on uni of sheffield
Ah nice! Which course at Sheffield? Nice to have options.

Hopefully not too long for my son to get a response then

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending