The Student Room Group

Do we work too much?

Should we devote more time to leisure. Yes, it would cost money but it would be utilitarian.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Lol.
Reply 2
Some people don't work enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
Judging the amount of people on benefits, no.
Reply 4
yes because bosses exploit workers
Reply 5
Original post by Lady Comstock
Should we devote more time to leisure. Yes, it would cost money but it would be utilitarian.

I don't post smiley faces
(edited 10 years ago)
12 hours a day for 60 years, you tell me..
Yes: in this day and age I do not see why we are still working the same hours as in the past, broadly speaking.
And many more of us are in work now too (particularly women and those of advanced years).
Say that to somebody working 18 hours a day for the modern-day slavers of Qatar.
(edited 10 years ago)
Yes, in the good old days we would be living in pretty little cottages in the countryside, eating what we catch with our bare hands, and sitting round a roaring fire at night. :daydreaming: There would be nowhere near as much work or stress as there is in modern society.
Reply 10
Communism was thought for this purpose but Americans crashed it
Original post by Maid Marian
Yes, in the good old days we would be living in pretty little cottages in the countryside, eating what we catch with our bare hands, and sitting round a roaring fire at night. :daydreaming: There would be nowhere near as much work or stress as there is in modern society.

This reminds me of something I read the other day:
Those who work didn't learn how to fish.
Reply 12
Work brings Freedom
Reply 13
I feel guilty just by being on tsr.. I always feel like I should be studying. It's getting obsessive now it's rediculous.

Well tonight I'm making a stand by doing nothing particularly productive.. posting my thoughts on every interesting thread here.

Dispite my desk looking at me as if I'm being unfaithful

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
We probably work less now then every before, but also have less leisure now then every before.
Reply 15

A one ticket to Mogadishu is the answer you are lookin for

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RedArrow
A one ticket to Mogadishu is the answer you are lookin for

Posted from TSR Mobile

A one ticket to hell is what you're looking for.
Original post by Lady Comstock

Isn't Britain renowned as one the largest nation in terms of voluntary over-working in the EU?
Reply 18
A one ticket to hell is what you're looking for.

You will be dying to follow the path I chose :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tigers
yes because bosses exploit workers

Which newspaper told you that? There are strict laws that employers have to follow. I assume what you perceive as exploitation is laziness on your part.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending