The Student Room Group

Measuring how diversity, specie richness and productivity changes with shore height.

I've taken quadrat measurements at three different heights of the shore, recorded percentage cover of alga for productivity (i know this isn't the most accurate way but i'll mention this in the discussion) Counted the number of different species found in each shore for specie diversity, and the number of individuals of each specie for specie richness.
Due to different shore heights being categorical i thought i'd record the results in bar graphs (Lower middle and upper) using standard error to make sure results are significant to 95% confident limit.
The problem i'm having if how to present each each one, for example

For specie diversity should i just put the number of different specie i found? e.g. Lower 12 middle 7 upper 4.. but really i can't do any statistical analysis because there's no variation in results as it's a set number.

Productivity percentage cover of each specie of alga on the different height so each shore height will have sub bar graphs representing each specie of alga which should show certain specie increasing but some decreasing as some species are not abundant at lower shore, or should i just show that the percentage cover increasing as the shores lowers ?

for specie richness should i do the same as productivity sub bars for each shore height for each specie showing how some increase and some decrease then a total number of individuals found on each shore. The problem i can't work out is that we measured barnacles as percentage cover so i wouldn't know how to add that to the number of individuals.

Sorry this is long, i know this might not be the right place to post this, if anyone knows any other forums where i could post this i would really really appreciate it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending