The Student Room Group

US student attacked in London because he's "not local"...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by bazookabrad
http://metro.co.uk/2013/10/23/us-student-scarred-for-life-in-street-attack-days-after-he-arrived-in-london-4158178/?fb_comment_id=fbc_535515779855987_3961244_535570919850473#f1e6d37f88

The funny thing is... the attackers themselves are immigrants... they are not local either.

The savage, inferior, weak scumbags can only fight in a pack because they're animals.

They might be descendants of immigrants and not new ones, is that so hard to conceive.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 41
The CCTV footage is so clear, I don't understand why these trashbags haven't been caught? :s-smilie:
Where I come from local means from the same town/area not country. I don't think they attacked him because he's American but just because the lads were being complete pricks.
What angers me most about this incidence is the sentence the attackers will receive.

Scarring someone for life.. i reckon the worst sentence any one of them will receive will be 5 years out in 2.5. And that's if the judge is harsh.

The guys gonna be seriously shocked when he see's how we punish violent offenders when compared to his own country.
Welcome to London, the multi-ethnic ****-hole of the Uk.
Original post by Tim2341
They might be descendants of immigrants and not new ones, is that so hard to conceive.

That's the down side of multiculturalism. Doesn't matter how many generations in you're talking about, they're still not British.

Multiculturalism failed. I'd much prefer a multiracial society.
Reply 46
Original post by felamaslen
What do you propose to do about it, other than whine?

Exactly, I think he wants us to go marching and burn effigies of the perpetrators
Reply 47
Original post by the mezzil
**** off they aren't British.

A true British person is welcoming and tolerant of foreigners, and conducts himself in a civilised manner. Ethnicity plays no part in todays definition of "British".

They are animals, not British, not Asian, not Muslim, not Sikh, not anything. Pure Animals

Couldn't thumbs you up, good comment though
Reply 48
I don't recall seeing this much sympathy or anger for when muhammed saleem (local) got killed by a Ukrainian (foreigner).
Original post by player19
To deport the immigrants back to Bengal.

:facepalm:
Reply 50
Original post by player19
To deport the immigrants back to Bengal.

Is a flight to Bengal cheaper than one to the US?
Reply 51
Threads like this always make me so uncomfortable. They often spiral away from the real issues that the incident presents, and are instead generally used to back up other people's political agendas. So let's restart everything, and strip it back to the evidence only.

A group of five or six males have viciously attacked a unarmed male with a broken glass bottle. From the footage, we can see that most of the men in the group are East Asian, and the two men walking away are white. But what else can we see?

When the footage starts, they already appear to be shouting at each other - so we can deduce that something has obviously happened already. What that might be we cannot speculate, because there is no prior footage available to the public.

Next, they turn the corner and start talking to each other. We already know they are arguing, but at this point, the fight is only verbal.

When we reach 0:46, we can see the white male respond badly to a taunt/threat/insult from one of the group. He moves to attack the taunter, holding a glass bottle up as though preparing to bring it down on his head.

From here on, the procedures are quite easy to follow. First we can see members of the group wrestle the glass bottle from the white guy's hands. Some of the group continue to attack him, whilst one must at some point break the bottle against the wall. The white guy pulls away and attempts to run, but they catch up with him and continue to attack him until satisfied.

But there is one thing which happens here that I think is even more horrible than the actual attack itself. We can see two or three cars pass the group quite closely, and instead of stopping to help or at least threatening to call the police, they all drive away.
Original post by mnesomii
x

east asian? the look south to me
Reply 53

A group of five or six males have viciously attacked a unarmed male with a broken glass bottle. From the footage, we can see that most of the men in the group are East Asian, and the two men walking away are white. But what else can we see?

A foreigner with a funny accent and silly clothes wanting to emigrate to the UK with clearly no intentions to properly integrate into our society. :wink:
Reply 54
The only thing the OP and others managed to deduce from the attack is that the attackers' race is solely to blame. It it me or do only white people tend to do that? Just look at the terminiology he uses "immigrants,savage, inferior"

I guess that's why people say only white people can be racist :dontknow:
Reply 55
I'm very quite sure that wasn't the reason he got jumped.

When the footage starts, they already appear to be shouting at each other - so we can deduce that something has obviously happened already. What that might be we cannot speculate, because there is no prior footage available to the public.

Yup, this is the key part. Apparently the guy was drunk, and well, he probably did something he may not have normally have done.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by Spetznaaz
What angers me most about this incidence is the sentence the attackers will receive.

Scarring someone for life.. i reckon the worst sentence any one of them will receive will be 5 years out in 2.5. And that's if the judge is harsh.

The guys gonna be seriously shocked when he see's how we punish violent offenders when compared to his own country.

Self defense though, no?
Reply 57
For me, that "bystander effect" (i.e. the fact that people just passed by and refused to get involved) is probably the most chilling part of that video. Another issue I picked up is that they were all dressed as though straight out of a GTA parody (apart from the dude in the pink stripey polo) - and it's no secret that hip-hop culture does have a lot to do with the "yeh bruv we cool" gang mentality we see both in the UK and the US. No, scrap that - you can find that sort of scene pretty much anywhere where there's accessibility to Western media.

To be honest, I have no idea how the fact that most of them are Asian has even come into it - I'm genuinely confused. We can see disgusting examples of behaviour like this all over the UK from all races; and if the lad had been unfortunate enough to have this happen to him in the US, guns would have been involved. Instead - and I'm sorry if this offends anybody - but they were probably just a bunch of losers who see that whole guns-hoes-cars culture as actual law.

Think of it this way - most of us can play Grand Theft Auto, listen to Eminem/Chester Watson/etc etc, and happily walk out the house without the urge to kill knife or run over anybody. We don't need validation from other people for reassurance that we're "in" or whatever. But there are unfortunately pretty weak-minded people (like the lads in the video) who look up to lifestyles like this as though that's what they HAVE to be doing to be seen as cool - so they end up doing nonsense like that. They probably all went home patting each other on the back but get them into custody, lock them up individually, and they'd fall to pieces about what they did.

That fact that they were ALL in snapbacks, baggy tees, black jackets and jeans lower than their boxers said more about the situation (to me) than their races ever did. *shrug* Hopefully we get some more solid examples of male role models in the media who don't fall back on this sort of stuff to get popularity, 'cause I doubt many celebs (like Jay-Z Kendrick yada yada) realise just how big an influence they actually have over some people's lives.
Original post by explosions hurt
"‘The victim has an Italian accent, his own style of dress and mannerisms and, when challenged by the Asian males, answered them back,’ he said."

Rule 1 of not getting stabbed in London: don't answer back.

I'm not justifying the assault, just saying that the guy could have avoided it.

Also, i may have got confused by the video but it looks like the american starts the fight at 50 seconds?

He might have had a few drinks on him so couldnt control it.

Bethnal Green is a serious ****hole though man
Reply 59
Original post by 2ndClass
The only thing the OP and others managed to deduce from the attack is that the attackers' race is solely to blame. It it me or do only white people tend to do that? Just look at the terminiology he uses "immigrants,savage, inferior"

I guess that's why people say only white people can be racist :dontknow:

Gave you a thumbs up for that, not because of the "only white people can be racist" but because you're spot on about people only spotting race first.

Part of the reason which I really, really hate threads like this... most of the people commenting here won't have watched the video, they'll just have heard "guess what five asian guys beat up one of ours" and well, those sorts of stories only lead down one path where the internet is concerned. :redface:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending