The Student Room Group

Did i pick the wrong subjects for a Software Engineering degree in a Russel Group uni

Hello, please excuse me if i have posted this in the wrong section as this is my first post, but i just had a few questions.
Firstly, I'm currently in Year 10 and believe I'm doing OK in my subjects. I have a C in maths, a B in Triple Science, a B in English as well as a C/B in History (Only started this year). But i did pick a few subjects i regret such as Music and Photography, i understand these subjects are classed as "soft" subjects. If i wanted to sign up for a good college and study A levels such as; Physics, Maths, Computer Science(Software Engineering if they have it) and Further maths(To drop half way through). Would i run into any problems of being denied to a college because of my Music and Photography, all though i don't want to carry on studying them? I'm predicted an A* in almost every subject. possibly one subject I'm predicted an A and I'm really hoping to get these grades, or at least a B in every subject.

Also if i did get into a college and get these A Levels, with at least a B would i run into problems for signing up for a Russell group university? I'd like to study Software Engineering at uni and hope the above A Level subjects will suffice. Would my history of doing Music and Photography effect my chances of reaching a Russell group university, or will they just look over them?

Thanks for taking your time to read this, and please give a useful reply.
Harry.
Reply 1
Music is not a soft subject at all, so that won't matter. As it's only one subject and just a GCSE, I'm sure doing Photography will be fine.

Original post by Trippyninja12
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending