The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Manchester English & American Studies

I've applied for English Literature at Manchester university and just sent off the admissions test, where you had to answer questions about why you chose the course and then analyse an extract.
I was just wondering how long it'll be until I get a reply, will it be a couple of weeks or a couple of months?
If anyone knows it would be really helpful.

Thank you :smile:
I sent off my UCAS in mid October so I did the admissions test quite a while ago and I got an offer within a couple of weeks :smile: hope this helps and good luck!
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
Original post by laylalovesme
I sent off my UCAS in mid October so I did the admissions test quite a while ago and I got an offer within a couple of weeks :smile: hope this helps and good luck!

Reply 3
Original post by emerlald077
I've applied for English Literature at Manchester university and just sent off the admissions test, where you had to answer questions about why you chose the course and then analyse an extract.
I was just wondering how long it'll be until I get a reply, will it be a couple of weeks or a couple of months?

Not sure if you're still waiting for an offer but I applied for English Literature & American Studies as well as History and American Studies (loved both courses so applied for both!) and sent off the admissions test towards the end of November, only just got an offer for English Literature & American Studies and am still waiting for the history offer, if I get one. A girl in my year applied just to do English lit and got an offer 4 weeks after sending her admissions test. Hope this helps & good luck!

Last year I got a reply in about two weeks, but I had two friends who also applied and one heard back in about two months, the other not until May! We all did the admissions test at the same time, so I think it varies a lot.
Reply 5
Original post by ESlaw
Not sure if you're still waiting for an offer but I applied for English Literature & American Studies as well as History and American Studies (loved both courses so applied for both!) and sent off the admissions test towards the end of November, only just got an offer for English Literature & American Studies and am still waiting for the history offer, if I get one. A girl in my year applied just to do English lit and got an offer 4 weeks after sending her admissions test. Hope this helps & good luck!

Thank you! Got an offer for lit in the end and I hope you get your history offer! Good luck :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by awkwardusername
Last year I got a reply in about two weeks, but I had two friends who also applied and one heard back in about two months, the other not until May! We all did the admissions test at the same time, so I think it varies a lot.

Thank you! Got my offer in the end but was really worried for a moment! :smile:
Thank you! Got my offer in the end but was really worried for a moment! :smile:

Well done! I'm doing English Literature at Manchester now and I have a friend doing it with American Studies, so any questions, just let me know! :smile:
Original post by awkwardusername
Well done! I'm doing English Literature at Manchester now and I have a friend doing it with American Studies, so any questions, just let me know! :smile:

Will your friend be doing the year abroad to California? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending