The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Honest opinions on Manchester Uni accommodation?

I've heard really bad things about the halls and would like some honest opinions
the trenches oak house has rlly rlly bad reviews online but when i visited, it wasnt as bad as it seemed online since theyve slightly renovated it last summer (2023 july). the status of the flat rlly j comes down to the people you live with. I also know ppl who dreaded oak house who is now in love with oak and woould totally go back for next year because of the wild social life as well (flat parties there r prob better. than the fresher parties freshers fall for).

Catered halls r usually hogwart style. Woolton honeslty just seems like a hospital exceopt their rooms are much bigger than hulme or dalton ellis.

the uni has like a major shortage in accom for their students which they are buying rooms from inidividual student accom companies to compensate for that. usually no on eever gets one of the nicer options of the private ones or any of the 5 that they pick so idek why they tell us to choose our preferred ones (i didnt get any of the 5 i picked for this year AND last year)

Side note: I got oak house as the accom offer for next year but i'd much prefer somewhere quieter cause partying isnt my thing. so if anyone has an offer for hulme hall or burkhardt house that they like to room swap w me please lmk too.

Oak is rlly for the party socialsiing people if thats what you are into.
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending