The Student Room Group

english literature and american studies degree for law conversion help!!!

i am currently at uni of manchester studying english lit and american studies (after missing my offer for ppe) and am worried about the respect for my degree with regards to getting good law placements and vacation schemes at competitive firms. will my american studies hold me back as it is not seen as a respected course or does it not make much difference as long as i get a good 2:1 or first class degree? please help!!!
Original post by ottilly
i am currently at uni of manchester studying english lit and american studies (after missing my offer for ppe) and am worried about the respect for my degree with regards to getting good law placements and vacation schemes at competitive firms. will my american studies hold me back as it is not seen as a respected course or does it not make much difference as long as i get a good 2:1 or first class degree? please help!!!

Hi @ottilly!

From my experiences with interacting with different law firms for either placements or vacation schemes etc. I have found that they seem to have no real preference on your undergrad degree as long as the end grade is good. In fact, what they tend to be more interested in is whether you display a real interest in the subject and how you approach problems as an individual. I hope this helps put your mind at ease slightly :smile:

Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending