The Student Room Group

Studying Medicine In Romania/Bulgaria 2014

Hi,

I am applying to study medicine in Romania/Bulgaria for 2014. I just wanted to know who else is applying and to which universities?
I am interested in Constanta, Romania my friend started there this year and is very happy and enjoying it. I will be using the same agent he did as all their students got in.

I was just wondering who else may be applying/who my potential classmates may be?

Stevey

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Romania? Really?
Reply 2
Original post by steveyy1995
Hi,

I am applying to study medicine in Romania/Bulgaria for 2014. I just wanted to know who else is applying and to which universities?
I am interested in Constanta, Romania my friend started there this year and is very happy and enjoying it. I will be using the same agent he did as all their students got in.

I was just wondering who else may be applying/who my potential classmates may be?

Stevey

Cool. I have been accepted to Bulgaria this year, Pleven to be specific (Feb 2014 entry). I visited the uni last month and there we about eighty Brits already studying there. I was really impressed by the standard of the lecture rooms and especially as the students i met talked about how tough the course is.

Be careful with agents. Many of them charge stupid fees which is a pure rip.

I used the free Outreach Education service so didn't get ripped off! There are about 60 of us going in February.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
hey
do u guys have a fb group for the pleven 2014 medical applicants?
Reply 4
Original post by NiNjA123
hey
do u guys have a fb group for the pleven 2014 medical applicants?

I am in this one for outreach education students going in Feb 2014.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/431632140238629/
Original post by steveyy1995
Hi,

Stevey

Hi i am applying to Constanta medical school for entry this September! be really good to go with someone from the UK so let me know if you are applying there!
Constanța and the Black Sea coast are sunny and often glorious in summer. They are however very, very chilly in winter. I have no idea about the teaching however. I live in Romania.
Reply 7
Original post by crazy.monkey
Hi i am applying to Constanta medical school for entry this September! be really good to go with someone from the UK so let me know if you are applying there!

Constanta is sick! Check out Mamaia when u go, its buzzing and by far the best beach in europe :smile:
Reply 8
Reply 9
Original post by crazy.monkey

Hi!

I'm applying to Constanta, Cluj and maybe Bucharest - have you already sent off your application? I would be SO GRATEFUL if you could give me some advice on the matter - did you apply through Outreach Education too (or The Study World as they're now calling themselves)?

Did you apply to any other universities in Romania?

I'm obviously panicking a bit as I've left it quite late....

Thanks so much,

Poppy
Anyone know when the test dates are for constantia for 2014 entry?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
im going constanta as well hopefully and i just realised you cant get info 100 percent, too many stories about romania but i guess there are some positives too
Reply 13
Hi I sat the exam in March and passed, offered a place after interview which I have now accepted and paid the deposit. Palacky here I come September 2014.
To apply to cluj you just follow the info on their website... Download the information file for foreign students. I'm only applying there as it's the only one I want to go to... But I'm sure Constanta wouldn't be a bad choice. Just don't pay any agency fees... They're a rip off and it's much easier to apply directly to the units, you just need to legalise documents at your nearest romanian embassy and get all your paperwork sorted properly....
Reply 15
how do you pay the application fees if you doing it on your own
Reply 16
Original post by LouiseR1996
Hi, I want to apply to universities in Romania, but have no idea where to start?

I've got an offer from Pleven, and I'm sitting the entrance exam for Palacky in June.
I think I've kinda went a wee bit crazy as I'm applying to unis left, right and centre.

I'd prefer Romania over Bulgaria, but its so hard to find information. Can someone please help me, every time I try and find anything out anything about Romanian unis everyone starts ranting about corruption or gypsies.

Which unis have the most UK students? I don't really want to be a loner for 6 years, so it would be nice if I at least knew some people before going.

Hey, here in Craiova we have about 25 students from the UK in 2 years that are running ( it's a new course).
What to say about the Uni, if you're expecting English Uni you shouldn't.. The life here is relaxed usually a 4 day week. You pick when you're exams are. The town well there is a lot to do and the cost of living is cheaper than many big cities.
Reply 17
Original post by LouiseR1996
Hi, I want to apply to universities in Romania, but have no idea where to start?

I've got an offer from Pleven, and I'm sitting the entrance exam for Palacky in June.
I think I've kinda went a wee bit crazy as I'm applying to unis left, right and centre.

I'd prefer Romania over Bulgaria, but its so hard to find information. Can someone please help me, every time I try and find anything out anything about Romanian unis everyone starts ranting about corruption or gypsies.

Which unis have the most UK students? I don't really want to be a loner for 6 years, so it would be nice if I at least knew some people before going.

Hi,

I'm in exactly the same boat as you were! Where did you decide to go? Pm me if you can! Thanks.
Reply 18
Hey I would not apply myself if I was you. I've heard a lot of stories about how students ended up spending a lot of money and didn't even get their place. Language barriers plus the locals trying to make money plus the general unhelpfulness of eastern European means you will have a hard time.. I'm applying to unis in Romania as well and tbh the money Im paying them is well worth it :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aisha90: Good advice - I applied myself to Cluj, made a mistake on the application and lost my place along with 600 lovely British pounds! Hey ho - I'm happy in England for the time being - but I would now advise anyone applying to seek external advice somehow, either through an agency or a private agent, to make sure they don't make silly mistakes that end up costing them a fortune.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending