The Student Room Group

The Sci-Fi/Fantasy Geeks Society

Scroll to see replies

Not so hasty, I might be spreading heresy here...:s-smilie:
True... no surprises there :p:
Demon_AS
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Marian died!? Wow, could this be a new plot twist to the legend of Hood Robin? :eek3:

:hugs: Glad you're back.:smile:
Now we can properly revive this thread!!!!!!!!!!! :p:
I knew people liked me *sniff* :p:

Good to be back, all. A happy new year to everyone!

So... anyone been reading any fantasy lately? I managed to devour both Eragon and Eldest by Paolini while on holiday - both books got two thumbs up from me! Excellent reads :biggrin:
Reply 1985
Demon_AS
I knew people liked me *sniff* :p:

Good to be back, all. A happy new year to everyone!

So... anyone been reading any fantasy lately? I managed to devour both Eragon and Eldest by Paolini while on holiday - both books got two thumbs up from me! Excellent reads :biggrin:

Merry New Year to you too!

And this'll be, like, my only message for the next few weeks, just so you guys know. Back at Uni now, and my home STILL doesn't have bloody internet :mad: So I'm going to go on a rampage...or something. Anyways; y'all have fun without me (difficult, I know, but you'll manage it :wink: :biggrin:)
Jayk Bakner
Merry New Year to you too!

And this'll be, like, my only message for the next few weeks, just so you guys know. Back at Uni now, and my home STILL doesn't have bloody internet :mad: So I'm going to go on a rampage...or something. Anyways; y'all have fun without me (difficult, I know, but you'll manage it :wink: :biggrin:)

Hah, we'll do our best dude.

Don't break too many things, innit :p:
Reply 1987
When you say your best....is this it? 'Cause I'm seriously unimpressed :wink: :biggrin:

HOW ABOUT...

What do people think about the decline in the quality of Original Fantasy Cinema in recent times. Is it just me, or is everything in that department usually reserved for small children, or just plain ****e?
Jayk Bakner
What do people think about the decline in the quality of Original Fantasy Cinema in recent times.

Sounds like an essay title :rolleyes: You ent fooling me! :p:
Heh, well, no one replied to what I said, so the thread didn't pop up in my subscribed threads list, so I couldn't keep it alive :p:

As for your question... to save myself a long answer - and perhaps to irritate you just a little bit - I'll leave my answer as: yes, I agree :p:.
Jayk Bakner
HOW ABOUT...

What do people think about the decline in the quality of Original Fantasy Cinema in recent times. Is it just me, or is everything in that department usually reserved for small children, or just plain ****e?

It's all about the money these days, there's no love any more :frown:
:lolz:
It's always been about the money... ah well.

Anyone seen Eragon? Is it worth watching? Loved the books, but I'm wondering if the film's worth watching...
Come on, people... this is disgraceful! What to happened to... to the love, the laughter, the banter? What happened to the good ol' days? :p:
Reply 1994
Well i saw Eragon but it didn't seem that amazing to me. I don't know about the books but the film seemed lacking in substance. There wasn't enough of a plot imo.
Reply 1995
I haven't seen it. I was going to go see it last night; but the Vue had upgraded it to Gold Class only, and I ain't paying £3 extra to go see a film that I'm having reservations about paying £4.50 for! So I went to see Apocalypto instead; which was rather good.

Also, check out my rather cunning quote in my sig for what I think of the books. Did anyone else notice a startling similarity between the plots of Eragon and Star Wars? Seriously; I was rather wierded out.
Demon_AS
It's always been about the money... ah well.

Yes but it was coupled with love (usually). Where else would we have gotten brilliant shows like Hercules, Xena, Charmed, etc and then there was the Marvel comics. We dont get superheroes like them any more, these days they're all rip-offs (eg. The Incredibles). *misses the good ol' days* I seem to be spending a lot of my time recently becoming nostalgic :s-smilie: Stop making me nostalgic people! I'm only 18! :frown: *goes to play with her pogs*
Reply 1997
Jayk Bakner
Did anyone else notice a startling similarity between the plots of Eragon and Star Wars? Seriously; I was rather wierded out.

Purely cosmetic. Star Wars is infinitely better than Eragon (or it would be if the Empire had won). Plus the manner in which the Emperor rose to power was far more intricate and spectacular than Galbatorix's rise.
Comparing SW and Eragon:mad: Blasphemy
suneilr
Well i saw Eragon but it didn't seem that amazing to me. I don't know about the books but the film seemed lacking in substance. There wasn't enough of a plot imo.

Bit like Narnia then...:s-smilie:
Darkened Angel
...these days they're all rip-offs (eg. The Incredibles).

Hey! The Incredibles kicked ass!!! :mad:

Quick Reply

Latest