The Student Room Group

The Sci-Fi/Fantasy Geeks Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
yo-less
But they're both quite smiliar. Han with his Millenium Falcon, Mal with Serenity. They're both 'bad' but secretly good-hearted and...

OK, somehow, I feel embaressed to continue :ninja:

Wash is the man :five:

Well I ain't :p:

I actually wouldn't call Han 'bad'. He's pretty much the epitome of the 'Rogue Hero' character archetype* - the good guy who doesn't play by the rules - whereas Mal doesn't really fit into any established clique.

*Ultimate Geek Note: If you look at all the characters in Star Wars, each one fits into a mythological archetype. Luke is the Young Hero, Obi-Wan is the Mentor, etc. etc.
Reply 981
Jayk - loving the quote in your signature, Lost City part 1 at Jack's house, right?!
Reply 982
Pav27
Jayk - loving the quote in your signature, Lost City part 1 at Jack's house, right?!

Yeah! :biggrin: Made me laugh ridiculously hard. I just wasn't expecting it considering how grim the situation was! :smile:
Reply 983
Jayk Bakner
Yeah! :biggrin: Made me laugh ridiculously hard. I just wasn't expecting it considering how grim the situation was! :smile:

That quote sums up perfectly why SG-1 is so good - the relationships between the team members!
Reply 984
That and the cool special effects :biggrin:
Reply 985
lol, I've never watched SG1, but that quote is pretty funny. I'd like to start, as I think I'd really like it, but with 10 seasons to catch up on... I don't see it happening.
Reply 986
Yeah....I did the silly thing and dived into the middle of season 6 :s: I'm considering periodically buying the box sets off amazon for £25 a pop...
wiggles
lol, I've never watched SG1, but that quote is pretty funny. I'd like to start, as I think I'd really like it, but with 10 seasons to catch up on... I don't see it happening.

WATCH IT!! :rolleyes:

Believe me it'll only take you at the most 2 weeks to catch up, the show is just so damn addictive!! And so well written! Now go watch it!! You'll regret it if you dont.
Reply 988
lol, well I don't exactly have the few hundred quid it would take to buy 10 boxsets...

Edit: Well, I do, but that's being saved for a week of partying in fresher's week :p:
wiggles
lol, well I don't exactly have the few hundred quid it would take to buy 10 boxsets...

what do you think the internet is for? to chat on forums?! :rolleyes:
Reply 990
wiggles

Hence my tentative use of the word 'considering'. It's an enormous commitment, to be sure :s:
Reply 991
Darkened Angel
what do you think the internet is for? to chat on forums?! :rolleyes:

Well I've already gotten into trouble for exceeding my download limit the last two months in the row...
wiggles
Well I've already gotten into trouble for exceeding my download limit the last two months in the row...

you have a download limit?! how do you survive?!! i download several GBs a week!!! i have a serious download problem :frown: i need help, professional help :frown:
Reply 993
Well BT have a "recommended" limit of either 40 or 50gb a month. In July I downloaded 50 and they emailed me (well, my dad) saying if I did it again they'd charge £1 per gb over the limit. August I ended up downloading 80gb as my new laptop crashed just as I'd finished downloading all three of Veronica Mars season 2, Battlestar Galactica season 1, and Farscape season 3, and so had to do all of them again, thus doubling my downloads. They're now saying the limit is 40 a month, but I swear last time it was 50....
Anyway, now I'm pretty much caught up with the four shows I watch that are still going, which are Lost, House, Veronica Mars and Battlestar Galactica, so from now on I'll on be downloading a few episodes a month as they're released, so I may have some gbs spare for downloading SG1, if I so desire. But still... that's a decades worth of episodes to watch, it may take some time.
wiggles
Well BT have a "recommended" limit of either 40 or 50gb a month. In July I downloaded 50 and they emailed me (well, my dad) saying if I did it again they'd charge £1 per gb over the limit. August I ended up downloading 80gb as my new laptop crashed just as I'd finished downloading all three of Veronica Mars season 2, Battlestar Galactica season 1, and Farscape season 3, and so had to do all of them again, thus doubling my downloads. They're now saying the limit is 40 a month, but I swear last time it was 50....
Anyway, now I'm pretty much caught up with the four shows I watch that are still going, which are Lost, House, Veronica Mars and Battlestar Galactica, so from now on I'll on be downloading a few episodes a month as they're released, so I may have some gbs spare for downloading SG1, if I so desire. But still... that's a decades worth of episodes to watch, it may take some time.

wow! and i thought i had a problem! does ntl have a download limit?
Reply 995
Jayk Bakner
Yeah....I did the silly thing and dived into the middle of season 6 :s: I'm considering periodically buying the box sets off amazon for £25 a pop...

In which case you need to see this clip!
Reply 996
Pav27
In which case you need to see this clip!

Hehehe :biggrin:

Love the way Daniel takes a sip of his coffee, then says 'Okay!'. Michael Shanks actually has surprisingly good comic timing, as does RDA.
Reply 997
Jayk Bakner
Hehehe :biggrin:

Love the way Daniel takes a sip of his coffee, then says 'Okay!'. Michael Shanks actually has surprisingly good comic timing, as does RDA.

RDA + Jacko and RDA + Teal'C humour is so very good, a bunch of episodes have more laughs than some of the top comedies out there :wink:
Reply 998
I love Stargate, I finished season 9 a little while ago and i nicked the new stargate Atlantis of my friend so i ust have to watch that before i watch season ten of Stargate SG-1... I Love Stargate SG-1, I got into the series via the best episode 'Window of Opportunity' Oh yeah!

I love Jayk's quote and then Jack goes "Ok no more beer for you!" hahaha
Reply 999
AlexG
I love Jayk's quote and then Jack goes "Ok no more beer for you!" hahaha

OMG! I have to add that :biggrin:

EDIT: WOOOO! Thousandth post (although not thousandth reply....)!!!

Quick Reply

Latest