The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
'Je l'ai trouvé...'

Aah, ton français semble bon. Je suis sûr que tu as réussi :woo:
Oui, je les ai fini!

Oh, haha I did question it but I thought since the object is before than the verb must agree. But I also stupidly imagined exams was a feminine word.

Bien ! Combien d'examens restent-ils pour toi ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mathsfanatic123
Oh, haha I did question it but I thought since the object is before than the verb must agree. But I also stupidly imagined exams was a feminine word.

Bien ! Combien d'examens restent-ils pour toi ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not in avoir form :tongue:

4, and you?
Not in avoir form :tongue:

4, and you?

Hmm, a French assistant told me that when the direct object precedes the verb must agree even in avoir! The example she gave me was if she said I ate it, given that what you're referring to is feminine than manger would have to agree.
Anyhoo, I've got six to go!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hmm, a French assistant told me that when the direct object precedes the verb must agree even in avoir! The example she gave me was if she said I ate it, given that what you're referring to is feminine than manger would have to agree.
Anyhoo, I've got six to go!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Let me think... I think you're right!:tongue:

Fm and maths and physics?
Let me think... I think you're right!:tongue:

Fm and maths and physics?

Haha, I'm know I'm right ;p, it's one grammar rule I won't forget!
Yep, and chemistry. When's your last exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha, I'm know I'm right ;p, it's one grammar rule I won't forget!
Yep, and chemistry. When's your last exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha

9th June - g482
haha

9th June - g482

Mines not til the 24th - after I've gone back to school...
Stop francais sprechen
Original post by HugeBicepLAD
**** up stop speaking French

Haha, will do! On a different note I honestly can't figure out what the word is you've asterisked out?! Haha, probably having a thick moment but the only word I can imagine it being is shut, but why asterisk that out aha :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by KongShou
Stop francais sprechen

I don't understand why, if you don't like it don't read it. But apparently the rule still exists, so I'll stop. I thought they realised how stupid the rule is, evidently not.
Reply 3990
I don't understand why, if you don't like it don't read it. But apparently the rule still exists, so I'll stop. I thought they realised how stupid the rule is, evidently not.

Second time I've used this on this thread :colone:

[video="youtube;m_mDTLphIVY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_mDTLphIVY[/video]
Original post by alow
Second time I've used this on this thread :colone:

[video="youtube;m_mDTLphIVY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_mDTLphIVY[/video]

:nah:

:colone:
When the French 'war' is over, the thread becomes accessible :biggrin: Hooray!!
How's revision going?
Original post by JackTeh96
When the French 'war' is over, the thread becomes accessible :biggrin: Hooray!!
How's revision going?

French war? wut
French war? wut

I just don't understand the french posts so I put it as a 'war', i would change it to a 'discussion'. :wink:
Original post by JackTeh96
I just don't understand the french posts so I put it as a 'war', i would change it to a 'discussion'. :wink:

We were just talking about exams and stuff.
We were just talking about exams and stuff.

oh cool :smile: Anyone can update my status again? In the previous post, I was undecided, seems like i have made up my mind.. :smile:
College: Pembroke
Hi guys, I really want to study Economics at university, but I'm still not sure whether to apply for Oxford or Cambridge. My credentials are:

GCSE: 11A*s 1A(FSMQ)
AS Levels: Maths, Further Maths, Geography and Economics (predicted AAAA)
A2 levels: carrying on all 4, I think I can get 2A*s AA
Other: not much, work experience at barclays and a law firm, silver in Senior maths challenge, participate in annual charity bike ride,read the economist weekly, (going to start reading a few books after exams), and that's about it really.

Where do you guys think I have more chance of getting in, oxford or cambridge? As you know, theses unis are ridiculously competitive, so I want to apply for the uni that I have more chances of getting in.
Original post by MrBowcat
Hi guys, I really want to study Economics at university, but I'm still not sure whether to apply for Oxford or Cambridge. My credentials are:

GCSE: 11A*s 1A(FSMQ)
AS Levels: Maths, Further Maths, Geography and Economics (predicted AAAA)
A2 levels: carrying on all 4, I think I can get 2A*s AA
Other: not much, work experience at barclays and a law firm, silver in Senior maths challenge, participate in annual charity bike ride,read the economist weekly, (going to start reading a few books after exams), and that's about it really.

Where do you guys think I have more chance of getting in, oxford or cambridge? As you know, theses unis are ridiculously competitive, so I want to apply for the uni that I have more chances of getting in.

Either one is as hard as the other. The general consensus is that if you get high UMS (93%+) then apply for Cambridge as you qualify for automatic pooling, and Oxford if less (your GCSEs put you in good stead for that). Also consider which college. At Oxford you'll have to sit the TSA, but at Cam you have the choice depending on college choice. Also, you need to factor in the course content. Do you want to spend 50% of your time (at least in first year) studying management? I, for one, didn't, and much preferred deeper mathematical rigour as a substitute, so I chose Cambridge. Make the decision after your AS results. If you're good enough, then you can get into both and your decision won't matter if going to Oxbridge is your only goal.
Original post by Mike_123
Either one is as hard as the other. The general consensus is that if you get high UMS (93%+) then apply for Cambridge as you qualify for automatic pooling, and Oxford if less (your GCSEs put you in good stead for that). Also consider which college. At Oxford you'll have to sit the TSA, but at Cam you have the choice depending on college choice. Also, you need to factor in the course content. Do you want to spend 50% of your time (at least in first year) studying management? I, for one, didn't, and much preferred deeper mathematical rigour as a substitute, so I chose Cambridge. Make the decision after your AS results. If you're good enough, then you can get into both and your decision won't matter if going to Oxbridge is your only goal.

Thank you!! May I ask what and where you're currently studying and what your GCSEs, AS level UMS results were like?

Latest

Trending

Trending