The Student Room Group

Cambridge Applicants for 2014 Entry MkII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lion12a
like the email they sent me only said that i'm pooled and doesn't mention whether another college is considering me or not. I am actually 99% sure that they just copy pasted every single one of these, except for the name.... Yours sounded as if it was actually 'personal'...

My email is the same. Only mentions that I've been pooled
Original post by cherrypiez
Hi. Can anyone please tell me what you need to have a chance of getting in? What kind of A level grades and what else is needed like DofE or volunteering? Thanks in advance!

The average successful applicant has 95% UMS across top three a-levels. You'll need good interview performance too.
Reply 82
Received my rejection from King's this morning, was quite disappointed because I expected them to auto-pool internationals as well (regarding their percentage out of the best grade you could get). I wish I could know why, as grades and all the rest seemed to be alright, but I suppose I'll never know ... :tongue: Good luck to everyone still waiting, I hope you get a better reply than me (especially if you're international)!
Original post by cherrypiez
Hi. Can anyone please tell me what you need to have a chance of getting in? What kind of A level grades and what else is needed like DofE or volunteering? Thanks in advance!

Quite frankly, any extracurriculars are unimportant and unnecessary.

The best way to get into Cambridge is to score highly in your AS level (95%+ averages).
Original post by Lunch_Box
Quite frankly, any extracurriculars are unimportant and unnecessary.

The best way to get into Cambridge is to score highly in your AS level (95%+ averages).

Thanks!
Original post by medicwhatho
It's true!

Spoiler

Can we see your original email? :tongue:

What's the bit you blanked out to right of her response?
Original post by gouratiltzen
The average successful applicant has 95% UMS across top three a-levels. You'll need good interview performance too.

Thanks
Original post by bovary
Received my rejection from King's this morning, was quite disappointed because I expected them to auto-pool internationals as well (regarding their percentage out of the best grade you could get). I wish I could know why, as grades and all the rest seemed to be alright, but I suppose I'll never know ... :tongue: Good luck to everyone still waiting, I hope you get a better reply than me (especially if you're international)!

May I know what exam you took? :wink:
Reply 88
Just received an offer from Peterhouse for Physical Natural Sciences!! :smile:
International student by the way.
Reply 89
Looks like Aemelia McDonnell returned to her office and decided to go straight to sending decisions. haha, not. :unimpressed:
cambridge is terrible at giving out emails. its not a hard task!!
Reply 91
Original post by 09debel
has anyone received a decision letter from sidney sussex college ? - i haven't

Not yet! From browsing the student room the general consensus seems to be that we find out tomorrow. Fingers crossed :smile:
Reply 92
Still haven't heard from Queens', anyone?
Reply 93
Rejected for Economics Newnham.
Congratulations to everyone who got their offers!
Reply 94
Original post by sophie.isabella
Got my (expected) rejection for HSPS from Jesus half an hour ago.. Guess I'm not holy enough!
That, or they don't like fashionable blonde bloggers :wink: Good luck to everyone else and congratulations to those who have been successful!

Sorry to hear that!! :frown: How did you hear, post or email?
Reply 95
Original post by Nicholasmtm
May I know what exam you took? :wink:

I'm doing the Swiss Matura. Best grade is 6 and I'm doing 13 subjects with a 5.7 average (around 95%) in my last two exam sheets. Are you international too?
Reply 96
Original post by bovary

hey mind if i ask what your grades were and what course you applied for?
I'm an international as well and got pooled by johns for ChemEng via Eng
Original post by 761234
Sorry to hear that!! :frown: How did you hear, post or email?

Don't worry, I have other offers :smile: By Email, but I requested it by email because I hadn't received a letter yet!
Reply 98
Original post by 09debel
has anyone received a decision letter from sidney sussex college ? - i haven't

Nope. I don't think anyone has. Some people emailed and were told to ring tomorrow if they haven't received their letter by then (I actually think they didn't post them till today despite saying they posted them on Friday).
Original post by fluteflute
Can we see your original email? :tongue:

What's the bit you blanked out to right of her response?

medicwhatho
x

Just realised something… Aemilia sends emails from her own Cambridge email, not using the Cam Admissions email!

I think he has us well and truly trolled :colone:
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending