The Student Room Group

The Beatles Society

Scroll to see replies

I love The Beatles, actually... LOVE!

I could talk about their music for days on end without a break but, I think their music fits almost every mood/occasion, there's always a fitting song. Whether you're happy, tired, or ****** of your head on drugs, there'll always be a Beatles song to go along with it.
Reply 381
there is a lot of album stuff they did, which i think is underratted
Some of their early stuff gets overlooked because of the likes of Sergeant Pepper, Abbey Road and Let It Be. As much as I like those albums they reflect the creative side of the band after being down in the smoke so long. Stuff like From Me To You and I Saw Her Standing There seem to be a bit more reflective of their time in Liverpool I feel.
I think their song 'It's Only Love' is really underated, and its one of my favourites! :biggrin:
:woo:
Suzanne123
I think their song 'It's Only Love' is really underated, and its one of my favourites! :biggrin:
:woo:

I SO agree!! I love this song, have you heard the anthology version of it?? it's so nice as well, it's a bit more acoustic and Lennon's voice is more raspy. Mmm.
If Jesus had an ipod, he would have The Beatles on it.

Nuff said.
kookoo_koochoo
I SO agree!! I love this song, have you heard the anthology version of it?? it's so nice as well, it's a bit more acoustic and Lennon's voice is more raspy. Mmm.

I don't think I have heard the anthology version...
I will check it out :yep:
http://nrk.no/programmer/radio/norgesglasset/beatles/1.6391734 :smile:

I just dont know how to seperate the music bit.
Reply 388
Hello!

Name: channy
Favourite Songs/Albums: led zeppelin IV
How you started to like the Beatles: been too long, can't remember!
Do you play any instrument(s): guitar and piano (doesn't everybody)
Other musical tastes: blues/folk/country
Other hobbies: reading and having fun with the people I love :smile:
Reply 389
magical mystery tour is always the album i play the most, even if it wasnt a proper album lol
it's got alot of my favourites on it
lucyw1989
magical mystery tour is always the album i play the most, even if it wasnt a proper album lol

i'm always surprised when people aren't that fond of it.
the wolf at door
i'm always surprised when people aren't that fond of it.

That always surprises me too!
I love it :biggrin:
yeh, i wouldn't say it's as strong as revolver or flows as well as Sgt. Peppers, but for me 7 of the 11 tracks are brilliant and the others are pretty great as well.
lucyw1989

Same here perhaps.

It's a solid album anyway, my favourite album for the iPod anyway, really able to notice all the instruments and sounds with an MP3 player.

If I want to listen to some Beatles, I usually just chose my playlist with all The Beatles music and some of their solo stuff, then hit the shuffle button and leave it playing, best way, get a nice mixture then. :smile:
Reply 394
^i like their solo stuff too, mainly john's though

i really like hey jude and long and winding road :smile:
Reply 395
Has everyone seen their last performance on the roof of the Apple building?

If not heres the first part of the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT6325bmcsQ&feature=related

Watch it!

<3 J. Lennon
channy
Has everyone seen their last performance on the roof of the Apple building?

If not heres the first part of the vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nT6325bmcsQ&feature=related

Watch it!

<3 J. Lennon

I love the get back/ Don't let me down versions from this gig. :biggrin:
Reply 397
kookoo_koochoo
I love the get back/ Don't let me down versions from this gig. :biggrin:

Me too :smile: I also love them interviewing the crowd in the street, esp the guy in the taxi!
Currently listening to Baby You're A Rich Man
Reply 399
Hello everyone :smile:

Anyone else looking forward to the remasters coming in September?

While My Guitar Gently Weeps and Hey Jude are my favourites from them, just amazing! The White Album is my fave album too, just pure quality! Sgt Peppers is a weird album though, i don't like it at all, am i on my own in saying that?

Quick Reply

Latest