The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone got any ideas on what type of questions come up on isas? I've got mine soon, it's on osmosis.
Reply 81
Same here. Am worried.
Reply 82
Ah I remember when I did this first time it wasn't easy. Now that I've done a2 going back to Biol 2+1 seems piss easy. Retaking Biol 1+2 i am

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by The_Blade
Ah I remember when I did this first time it wasn't easy. Now that I've done a2 going back to Biol 2+1 seems piss easy. Retaking Biol 1+2 i am

Posted from TSR Mobile

Any tips for 1 and 2 >?
Original post by pinkgorilla
Any tips for 1 and 2 >?

Do as many questions as you possibly can and do all the past papers too. Knowing the content is not enough-you have to be able to apply the knowledge.
Original post by The.Joker
Do as many questions as you possibly can and do all the past papers too. Knowing the content is not enough-you have to be able to apply the knowledge.

Thanks very much. And btw, have you already sat this paper and unit 2 ?
Thanks very much. And btw, have you already sat this paper and unit 2 ?

Yup. I'm retaking both this year.
Original post by The.Joker
Yup. I'm retaking both this year.

Oh right. Which would you say is harder and requires more practice 1 or 2?

That's quite subjective, personally for me I'd say unit 2 because I find it boring to revise. But both are fairly hard as there are lots of application Qs and analysis of data Qs.
Reply 89

Definitely 2. Longer paper and more content. Got an E in last exam. Did a past paper last week got A and had 30mins spare. Standard

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 90
Any tips for 1 and 2 >?

attempt to learn content

print past paper

have a go

mark it

print same paper

write down mark scheme on paper to pretty much same way they word it

at night time (because gets in your head better before sleep) analyse and study the mark scheme in the bath. This should take about 30-45mins. Make sure it actually goes in your head and understand it. picture it

do this for all papers

repeat process at least twice (i put a tick when i analyse the paper so two ticks means i analysed it twice)

print first paper you tried and smash it in exam conditions
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 91
print past paper

have a go

print same paper

write down mark scheme on paper to pretty much same way they word it

at night time (because gets in your head better before sleep) analyse and study the mark scheme in the bath. This should take about 30-45mins. Make sure it actually goes in your head and understand it. picture it

do this for all papers

repeat process at least twice (i put a tick when i analyse the paper so two ticks means i analysed it twice)

print first paper you tried and smash it in exam conditions

Who on earth spends 45 minutes in the bath? :P

Besides that I agree with everything you've said.
Original post by Myosin
Who on earth spends 45 minutes in the bath? :P

Besides that I agree with everything you've said.

Actin does

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 93

That made me laugh so hard :biggrin:
Original post by CuteMissJessica
Hey, what would you write for a 5 marker on cholera??
Sorry about such a late reply. The reason I'm hesitant to give u the answer is because there is a 5 mark question for Cholera in a recent past paper and it would be MUCH more beneficial to you if you did it yourself and see if you hit all five mark points since unit 1 is a *****. :smile: But if you still want to know I'll write it on here.
Original post by PharmacyDoctor
Sorry about such a late reply. The reason I'm hesitant to give u the answer is because there is a 5 mark question for Cholera in a recent past paper and it would be MUCH more beneficial to you if you did it yourself and see if you hit all five mark points since unit 1 is a *****. :smile: But if you still want to know I'll write it on here.

thanks for your reply, if i need any more 5 mark example answers then i will let you know :wink:
Okay cool :smile:What do people thing would be the potential five markers anyway? Just about everything has come up I guess really. Im'a think it's gonna be a repeat one but different words used/worded slightly differently?I'll write up all the current five markers that been used later for anyone that want's to try decipher what they have not yet asked.
Reply 97
Okay cool :smile:What do people thing would be the potential five markers anyway? Just about everything has come up I guess really. Im'a think it's gonna be a repeat one but different words used/worded slightly differently?I'll write up all the current five markers that been used later for anyone that want's to try decipher what they have not yet asked.

I'm predicting Cell Centrifigation and/or Microscopes.
Questions about Asthma and Glucose absorption are also likely!
Original post by Myosin
I'm predicting Cell Centrifigation and/or Microscopes.Questions about Asthma and Glucose absorption are also likely!
Hahaa yeah Ultra-centrifigation slipped my mind completely. Cheers buddy! Don't really know what they can ask about microscopes though? How does an EMS/LMS work? I don't think that's on our spec to understand how they work but it's still covered in the text book in the terms of a beam of electrons etc.
Reply 99
Hahaa yeah Ultra-centrifigation slipped my mind completely. Cheers buddy! Don't really know what they can ask about microscopes though? How does an EMS/LMS work? I don't think that's on our spec to understand how they work but it's still covered in the text book in the terms of a beam of electrons etc.

Yeah I agree with you, there's not really much they can ask about micrscopes, and that would also be a really boring question. It's doubtful they'll ask about enzyme action in terms of inhibition etc because everyone does well in this sort of questions and heart isn't likely to come up again anytime soon! Let's hope the 5 markers are on something nice like TB or Cell surface membrane :biggrin:

P.S Have you done your AS EMPA yet? I've done Tasks 1 and 2 today and have a written paper Friday. Absolutely bricking it.

Latest

Trending

Trending