The Student Room Group

Americamp Support Staff

I'm currently waiting for my interview for a support staff role with Americamp this summer 2014 :smile:

Has anyone else applied for this role rather than a counsellor role? I cant find any stories or blogs from support staff, and I'm started to worry I wont be as involved in the camp activities and in making new friends that are similar to my age :frown:

I'm attending the Leeds camp fair too and would love to hear from other people planning on attending!
Reply 1
Did you end up doing americamp and being a support staff? thinking of doing it this year, cant find any stories or blogs about it
Reply 2
If anyone would like to ask me any questions about how I got on with support staff in Summer 2014 I would be more than happy to speak you :smile:
hi. i applied to be a support and i have an interview on wednesday. i have no idea what to prepare for the interview. can you help please
Reply 4
Original post by olohunkemi
hi. i applied to be a support and i have an interview on wednesday. i have no idea what to prepare for the interview. can you help please

From what I remember it's really casual! They just want to know your skills, why you applied and just general check that you're ready for camp and happy with the position you're applying for :smile: I would really recommend going to the recruitment fairs as you can get a real feel for the camp when talking to the directors rather than being offered a skype interview etc :smile:
Original post by hollypopz92
If anyone would like to ask me any questions about how I got on with support staff in Summer 2014 I would be more than happy to speak you :smile:

Hi, I am currently beginning my application for support staff at Americamp 2016, I just wondered if you could tell me about how it differed from the counsellor role? Like did you feel like you had the boring job whilst watching the others interact with kids more? thank you!x
Hi, im having my interview for support staff role tomorrow. Please can you tell me about how your experience varied from counselor role?
Original post by alicexford
Hi, im having my interview for support staff role tomorrow. Please can you tell me about how your experience varied from counselor role?

Hi, I've applied and been placed for this year at camp as support staff (kitchen). In regards to your interview, theres nothing to worry about. Its all very casual. Just talk about your experience, the types of skills and attributes you gained from that. Are you a kitchen support staff?
Good Luck
Original post by PearJosh
Hi, I've applied and been placed for this year at camp as support staff (kitchen). In regards to your interview, theres nothing to worry about. Its all very casual. Just talk about your experience, the types of skills and attributes you gained from that. Are you a kitchen support staff?
Good Luck

Hey, how long after you sent off your application did you get placed? :smile:
Original post by HelenAnders
Hey, how long after you sent off your application did you get placed? :smile:

I think it was less than 3 weeks. Are you still waiting? How long have you been waiting for?
I think it was less than 3 weeks. Are you still waiting? How long have you been waiting for?

Only sent my application off on Thursday night,was just wondering how long my wait might be. Where have you been placed and in what position? well done btw :smile:
Only sent my application off on Thursday night,was just wondering how long my wait might be. Where have you been placed and in what position? well done btw :smile:

Thanks. Yeah it'll be exciting although not as fun as the counsellors.
Once you're ready to be placed on the system. You shouldn't have to wait too long to get placed. I was talking to my camp director and he said there are only limited number of UK support staff, so they're more generally in demand.
I'll be going to a camp in massachsuets
Thanks. Yeah it'll be exciting although not as fun as the counsellors.
Once you're ready to be placed on the system. You shouldn't have to wait too long to get placed. I was talking to my camp director and he said there are only limited number of UK support staff, so they're more generally in demand.
I'll be going to a camp in massachsuets

I didn't want to be a counsellor, too much responsibility and less pay! ahh that's good, some people have been waiting to get placed for months but they haven't applied for support staff so hopefully i'll have it all sorted soon. :smile:
I didn't want to be a counsellor, too much responsibility and less pay! ahh that's good, some people have been waiting to get placed for months but they haven't applied for support staff so hopefully i'll have it all sorted soon. :smile:

Yeah should be placed soon. They'll get placed eventually. What support staff role are you?
Yeah should be placed soon. They'll get placed eventually. What support staff role are you?

I put a few down but my top 3 were laundry, food prep and food service
Reply 15
Original post by hollypopz92
If anyone would like to ask me any questions about how I got on with support staff in Summer 2014 I would be more than happy to speak you

how was the interview with camp ive applied as support staff and only see blogs or videos for councelors did you get the first camp or did you go on review with a few

Quick Reply

Latest