The Student Room Group

help feel so worthless:("

Hi im having a really bad day im.unemployed but actively seeking work looking and willing to do any job but its been a couple of.months still nothing and getting a really hard time from rude people on here and my jc advisor.i never ever wanted to have to sign on.i.feel so worthless like im nuggjnv but a nuisance to this world:frown:"

Scroll to see replies

Dont give up hope work isnt easy to find try care work its hard but so rewarding, go see a doctor of your feeling depressed. Keep dreaming big signing on isnt fun and ignore haters just keep head high mate :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by annymonous
Hi im having a really bad day im.unemployed but actively seeking work looking and willing to do any job but its been a couple of.months still nothing and getting a really hard time from rude people on here and my jc advisor.i never ever wanted to have to sign on.i.feel so worthless like im nuggjnv but a nuisance to this world:frown:"

What is your specific situation - are you a graduate?
Reply 3
Original post by WillowReaper1992
Dont give up hope work isnt easy to find try care work its hard but so rewarding, go see a doctor of your feeling depressed. Keep dreaming big signing on isnt fun and ignore haters just keep head high mate :smile:

Thank you so much for ur kind message:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by maskofsanity
What is your specific situation - are you a graduate?[/QUOTe. i have been to college studied level 3 health and social but got made redundant.i am trying so hard for any job.
Reply 5
[QUOTE="annymonous;46021611"]
What is your specific situation - are you a graduate?[/QUOTe. i have been to college studied level 3 health and social but got made redundant.i am trying so hard for any job.

You say you've done a level 3 in health and social care, have you got any care experience? Maybe try some of those sort of agencies?
Reply 6
[QUOTE="moonkatt;46021893"]

Hi i would do but i have minor dyspraxia and struggle with some practical things.i did work in a little residentsl home with 8 residents who lived there as a carer and activity coordinator but it shutdown the staffs were very supportive and knew what i was capable of doing
when it shutdown i tried a larger nursing home where residents had major dementia needed more assistance but i really struggled.I am hoping to get a job working with children in a nursery tho .

You say you've done a level 3 in health and social care, have you got any care experience? Maybe try some of those sort of agencies?
Reply 7
x

I don't know where you're located, but maybe have a look about and see if there are any little nursing or residential homes nearby where you might be able to contact direct for work? While you're out of work why not have a look at some sort of volunteering to give you some experience of stuff. There's loads out there and it'll give you something to occupy your time :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by moonkatt
I don't know where you're located, but maybe have a look about and see if there are any little nursing or residential homes nearby where you might be able to contact direct for work? While you're out of work why not have a look at some sort of volunteering to give you some experience of stuff. There's loads out there and it'll give you something to occupy your time :smile:

Hi that's a good idea.I used to do some volunteering before so.ir try and find something again thank you:
Reply 9
[QUOTE="annymonous;46024297"]Hi that's a good idea.I used to do some volunteering before so.ir try and find something again thank you:[/QUOTE. :smile:
Reply 10
Is university an option?

thank you for replying sadly don't think so because haven't got a gcse in maths and because of money
Reply 11
thank you for replying sadly don't think so because haven't got a gcse in maths and because of money

There's always ways to fix that. You've done health and social care so I'm guessing you're interested in work in that sort of area? Things like a lot of the health professions (nursing, physio, OT, ODP etc) pay a bursary of some sort on the course and fees are paid too. It may be worth looking into.
Reply 12
Original post by moonkatt
There's always ways to fix that. You've done health and social care so I'm guessing you're interested in work in that sort of area? Things like a lot of the health professions (nursing, physio, OT, ODP etc) pay a bursary of some sort on the course and fees are paid too. It may be worth looking into.

thanks yeah it look into that .ive also applied for some apprenticeships in nurseries which ird love to do
Reply 13

Don't have anything useful to say but you aren't worthless cos you can't find a job. So many decent young people who are capable of so much can't catch a break and find a job at the moment. I'm sorry for you that JC staff and people on here get you down because, especially the people on here, often don't know what they are talking about and the reality of things half the time.

Just have a look round in the job centre next time you are there and ask yourself if all of those people are really worthless or is it the case that most of them are useful good people who haven't caught a break yet.
Reply 14
Original post by Jay84
Don't have anything useful to say but you aren't worthless cos you can't find a job. So many decent young people who are capable of so much can't catch a break and find a job at the moment. I'm sorry for you that JC staff and people on here get you down because, especially the people on here, often don't know what they are talking about and the reality of things half the time.

Just have a look round in the job centre next time you are there and ask yourself if all of those people are really worthless or is it the case that most of them are useful good people who haven't caught a break yet.
thank you so much for you're kind message all of you who have commented on this thread have made me feel much better and i no longer feel so alone.i felt the jc advisor was harsh made me feel stupid and that made me upset and than to post another thread and get rude comments really put me down yesterday .thanks for ur really kind reply again though.
Reply 15
thank you so much for you're kind message all of you who have commented on this thread have made me feel much better and i no longer feel so alone.i felt the jc advisor was harsh made me feel stupid and that made me upset and than to post another thread and get rude comments really put me down yesterday .thanks for ur really kind reply again though.

A lot of JC advisors can be like that. Sometimes, it is because they are under pressure with targets and take it out on you and sometimes it is just because they are self righteous ********s. Hopefully you will either get a job or manage to get another advisor who might be more encouraging.
Reply 16
Money won't be a problem - there are loans, grants and bursaries from Student Finance and the NHS. As for GCSE maths, just learn it and take the exam, it won't take very long. You could also email some universities that appeal to you and see how flexible they are with entry requirements.

Generally, I would advise to always have something productive each week. The only thing that kept me sane when I was unemployed after graduating was my one day a week in a charity shop. Volunteering gives you a bit of structure, a chance to develop skills, meet new people, do something useful for the community, etc. I know that feeling of helplessness when you're not going anywhere and the only way out of that trough is by being proactive and determined. If you let it overwhelm you than you're toast. Have a think about what exactly you want out of life - specifically where do you want to be in 1 year's time? 5 year's time? Then make a plan to achieve that. Having a structured plan to follow makes you feel productive as you progress through it and gives you objectives. Unemployment is the complete lack of structure and that's what makes it so crippling.

If I were you, I'd look into university courses in health and social care alongside your job search.

Thank you for your good advice and kind reply.I will go down town this week and find a charity shop to volunteer in and definitely look into uni.I really appreciate it.I feel much better already thank you so much again.
Reply 17
Original post by Jay84
A lot of JC advisors can be like that. Sometimes, it is because they are under pressure with targets and take it out on you and sometimes it is just because they are self righteous ********s. Hopefully you will either get a job or manage to get another advisor who might be more encouraging.

Thank you again.I agree with you there they are yes lol and hope so yeah would be great to get a job I love.I had her before when I had to sign on ages ago and yesterday was a reclaim she was twenty minutes late I explained i agreed to accompany my mum to the hospital appointment and she rudely said why did i have to go with her when the jc manager didn't have a problem with this.i was made redundant a couple of months ago and than she rudely said to me what have i been doing till than when truth is ive been looking for work actively hoping to get a job asap and never wanted to have to claim .I wonder if there's a way i can change my advisor so I can get more help to get a job.thankyou
Thank you for your good advice and kind reply.I will go down town this week and find a charity shop to volunteer in and definitely look into uni.I really appreciate it.I feel much better already thank you so much again.

Best of luck, feel free to update this thread.
Reply 19
Best of luck, feel free to update this thread.

Thank you ever so much cannot thank all of you who have replied to this thread enough because feel so much better and no longer all alone .Thank you ir let you know how it goes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest