The Student Room Group
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Help!

Hi my names Codey! I am currently studying Business and Travel & Tourism in college and have had an offer from Bournemouth University. I haven't been down and seen the town and campus yet as I live quite far in Wales! I am planning on coming to see it soon as I am considering Bournemouth to study events management as my first choice. Moving away to uni over 4 hours away with out knowing a single person is quite scary!

I'm looking for someone who knows a little bit more about Bournemouth uni and what's its like to go there. I looking for more of an in sight and the pros and cons. If you can help please message me I would be very grateful as I have some general questions id like to ask!

Thank you :smile:!
Reply 1
HI I live in Bournemouth and am starting at Bmouth Uni in September. I did my first degree In Cardiff and lived there for 6 years. Bournemouth is a fantastic place, in the summer there honestly is no better place to live, there's a lot going on and the beach is so close to the Lansdown Campus and not far from the others. I would say that the student areas in Bournemouth (Winton/Charminster) are similar to Roath in Cardiff. Bournemouth is one of the more expensive places to live in England nights out, rent etc.. are expensive especially compared to Wales!!

I use to get the train back and forth to Cardiff and it wasn't to bad but a rather long trip. I have friends at bmouth uni current and past students who have done travel/tourism there and they have said its a really good uni for the course. The uni has really good links with the tourism boards in Bmouth as it is one of the top tourist locations in Europe. BU has invested millions into the hospitality/tourisms facilities....for example they are currently building their own hotel not far from the beach also next to the BIC (Bournemouth International Centre) to be run predominately by the uni students.

Hope some of this helps
Bournemouth University students in library, Talbot campus
Bournemouth University
Poole

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending