The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham Applicants and Offer recipients Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Found the thread Roberto. Where are you from? Are you planning on going to the accommodation day?
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Hey everyone :smile: I have an offer for Physics!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by evie2014
I've got an unconditional for English Lit and History and my top choice is Mason :smile: sooo excited!!! I loved the Applicant Visit Day on 5th Feb, despite the awful weather! :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations on your unconditional I have an unconditional for English Lit!
What happened on the Applicant Visit day? I'm going to one soon and it says something about a taster lecture and seminar?
Reply 43
Original post by danni14
Congratulations on your unconditional I have an unconditional for English Lit!
What happened on the Applicant Visit day? I'm going to one soon and it says something about a taster lecture and seminar?

Hello, thank you! Well done to you too :smile: Well, mine was slightly different, as I'm joint honours, so the day was split in two parts, with the morning in the English and Creative Writing Department, and the afternoon in the History Department. Basically, in English, we had like a mini welcome talk, then there was an optional tour by students already on the course, followed by a lunch break. Then we had an introduction to the course, they told us about the reading lists (so long, it's ridiculous:wink:, then we had a taster lecture on Shakespeare (really good!), before going to the History department :smile: Yours will be probably be a little different though, as you're single honours. :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by HLT1991
Found the thread Roberto. Where are you from? Are you planning on going to the accommodation day?

Sorry, the reply is late, I am from UK, I live reasonably close to Birmingham University, I think I am going to go to try and get a day to go personally to see it because I couldn't attend the one today and cant get to the next one.

What about you, where are you from (obviously as this is an online platform you might not want to put precise location as I didnt either #waryofstalkers and which accommodation are you applying for?
Reply 45
Original post by Roberto-MOr
Sorry, the reply is late, I am from UK, I live reasonably close to Birmingham University, I think I am going to go to try and get a day to go personally to see it because I couldn't attend the one today and cant get to the next one.

What about you, where are you from (obviously as this is an online platform you might not want to put precise location as I didnt either #waryofstalkers and which accommodation are you applying for?

I love about 40 minutes from the university so not far. I am applying for tennis courts, mason, and a few others that were self catered. You should join the Facebook group.
https://m.facebook.com/home.php?refsrc=https%3A%2F%2Fen-gb.facebook.com%2F&refid=8&_rdr#~!/groups/634135303300633?ref=bookmark
Unconditional for psychology :biggrin:
Reply 47
Original post by evie2014
Hello, thank you! Well done to you too :smile: Well, mine was slightly different, as I'm joint honours, so the day was split in two parts, with the morning in the English and Creative Writing Department, and the afternoon in the History Department. Basically, in English, we had like a mini welcome talk, then there was an optional tour by students already on the course, followed by a lunch break. Then we had an introduction to the course, they told us about the reading lists (so long, it's ridiculous:wink:, then we had a taster lecture on Shakespeare (really good!), before going to the History department :smile: Yours will be probably be a little different though, as you're single honours. :smile:

Thanks! :smile: Oh god, I can only imagine the size of the reading list, did they give you a copy of it? Yeah, I suppose it will be different for me then, but the lecture sounds good. :smile:
I've firmed my offer which is unconditional under the unconditional offer scheme! Anyone know how long it takes to change/ has anyone else firmed like this? Also anyone here to do English language? Thanks! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 49
Original post by GabriellaFM
I've firmed my offer which is unconditional under the unconditional offer scheme! Anyone know how long it takes to change/ has anyone else firmed like this? Also anyone here to do English language? Thanks! 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm doing English which is literature with some elements of language :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by GabriellaFM
I've firmed my offer which is unconditional under the unconditional offer scheme! Anyone know how long it takes to change/ has anyone else firmed like this? Also anyone here to do English language? Thanks! ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Took mine 9 days! don't worry it will :smile:
Got my offer for social policy today!!!!! so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by cjmro
I'm doing English which is literature with some elements of language :smile:

Ahh, I'm on the other course! But your course still looks good! :smile:
Original post by danni182
Took mine 9 days! don't worry it will :smile:

Ok thanks so much! :smile:
Reply 54
Original post by danni14
Thanks! :smile: Oh god, I can only imagine the size of the reading list, did they give you a copy of it? Yeah, I suppose it will be different for me then, but the lecture sounds good. :smile:

Yeah I got a copy to begin reading now, but only for English lit, as you get to choose in history which time period you look into :smile: it's got stuff like dr Faustus, mrs dalloway, heart of darkness, etc :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Firmed a conditional offer for Computer Science (Software Engineering) MEng, got possibly the best offer I could have asked for, I have no idea how..
Reply 56
Got my offer for Sport and Exercise Science! So happy, going to be firming the offer tomorrow. Just wondered, in relation to accommodation, the code you need to apply for accommodation is it emailed to you or send via the post ? And how long roughly does it take to come after you receive your offer? Panicking about the first come first served system and want to get my accommodation form of ASAP. thanks :biggrin:
Reply 57
Original post by Aiden1996
Got my offer for Sport and Exercise Science! So happy, going to be firming the offer tomorrow. Just wondered, in relation to accommodation, the code you need to apply for accommodation is it emailed to you or send via the post ? And how long roughly does it take to come after you receive your offer? Panicking about the first come first served system and want to get my accommodation form of ASAP. thanks :biggrin:

Congratulations on your offer, the code is on the offer letter that you get through the post. It took about three weeks for mine to come but I suppose it depends on the department. If you ring up the accommodation services office they will give you your student ID number over the phone if you don't want to wait.
Hi, I have a conditional offer to do Nursing, I only live in Coventry but want to move to Birmingham because it'd be easier for placements etc, I was wondering if anyone had any advice on what accomodation is best for Nursing students?
Reply 59
Original post by HLT1991
Congratulations on your offer, the code is on the offer letter that you get through the post. It took about three weeks for mine to come but I suppose it depends on the department. If you ring up the accommodation services office they will give you your student ID number over the phone if you don't want to wait.

Thankyou :biggrin: and thanks for your help, I might just ring and get my accommodation sorted, want the best chance of getting in one of my choices.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending