The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well hot chocolate always warms me up. I buy options hot chocolate which is really nice and you can make it with either milk of water depending on how you like it. I am sure you could make your own but I am too lazy to do that!
Reply 2
When its freezing,damp and dank - I like to grab a hot drink (tea or options chocolate...ahhh they are lush ..I LOVE the white chocolate one!) and snuggle up in my bed and eat cookies. :biggrin:
Foods like soup with pasta, pizzas (oh bog off uni student here) and hot puddings are comfort foods for me! ^_^
Reply 3
If you've got a slow cooker, before you go out in the morning chuck in ingredients for a stew (meat, veg etc) or a curry, then it'll slowly cook all day and you'll come back home to a lush smelling house and really comforting food :smile:
Reply 4
Thankyou sunday and indy_punk :hugs:

In return, my fellow tsr babes, I will recommend macadamia nut ice cream, and lemon + lime midoori with ice :wink:

Oh and strawberry + banana smoothies too :smile:
Hot chocolate definitely - then you can have a tim tam slam as well! Mmmmmmmm!
Reply 6
indy_punk
...options chocolate...ahhh they are lush ..I LOVE the white chocolate one!...

I don't like the white chocolate one but the hazlenut one is really good, and the mint, orange and coconut ones aren't bad either.
Reply 7
hot soup- leek and potato. YUM.
Reply 8
It's freezing on Aus a la mo? :frown: I go next week damnit!

I've been told that it'll be warm up in the north (for the Great Barrier Reef etc).
cielo
hot soup- leek and potato. YUM.

was just gonna write that!
Reply 10
Australian?
mix about a tablespoon of vegemite into a mug of hot water... yummy!!
seriously good... try it if you haven't already! i'm not kidding :smile:

bovril or marmite will work too!
Reply 11
Mmmm I love Hot Chocolate with whipped cream and chocolate sprinkles- yum. Although its too hot here for that at the moment lol!

I also love chicken soup with crusty bread, mushroom is a fave of mine too.
Uk >hotter> Australia. hahaha
Reply 13
french onion soup witha bit of brandy in it. MM
Phonicsdude

What's so funny about that? It's winter there ...

Anyways, potato and leek soup is divine - my friend's mum makes it amazingly well.
Hmm I love things like baked beans on toast too when it is cold- it is warming and filling. Also mashed or jacket potatoes are fabby!
Bouillabaisse soup is absolutely lovely. Must try French onion soup.
Phonicsdude

Over the past few days:

UK > hotter > Crete & Tenerife etc.
Reply 18
-Emmz-
What's so funny about that? It's winter there ...

Anyways, potato and leek soup is divine - my friend's mum makes it amazingly well.
Don't worry -Emmz-, I take it they're not used to the heat :wink:

How was your trip down to Oz? :smile:

I'm having an awesome time, going to the snow next week after I get back from Brisbane, I can't wait! ! I love it, and the mornings spent discovering the different flavours of porridge hehe.
i've always wondered... what temps are considered cold for australia?

Latest