The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SciFiRory
Rolling Stones atm, just listened to "No Expectations" which is one of my favourite songs atm!

fair enough, I'm not really a film buff tbh, watch them every now and then but always been more of a TV person!

I need to listen to some more rock :moon: Will take a listen later :smile:

Ah okay :smile: Think I'm sort of the opposite! Really like watching films, particularly now at uni with the cinema (Which I probably don't stop going on about - sorry...) Haven't watched TV in ages :s-smilie: Though that said I love me a bit of Doctor Who and Sherlock etc. :biggrin:

---------------------------------------

Night All :smile: :hugs: to all :jumphug:

Spoiler

Original post by Odd socks
Ended up going, glad I did, had a really great time :yep: ended up getting a little tipsier than I meant to, I forget how little I can drink while on meds :colondollar: we're going to go out again soon I think :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great, glad you had fun! :five:

Original post by cookieesxo
I just can't cope. I'm here up at 2am and have to wake up for school in 4 hours hysterically crying. I just got back from a holiday which I enjoyed but everything went downhill on plane journey home I spent the whole time panicking and obsessively worrying about exams coming up and my whole situation.

I can't stop beating myself up for the past two years. I was depressed and had low self esteem for some stupid reason nothing was wrong with me but at the time I was stupid I was doing well in school and loved my classmates but had to withdraw from school because mental health was really bad.

I've always been very good in academics and now I'm failing badly in this new school I can't cope the teachers here treat me like I'm very dumb and won't get anywhere which the teachers in my last school praised me and saw me as a genius.

Why can't I just be normal I live a privileged life yet always have depressive episodes my friends are all going to uni in a few months and I'm an absolute mess

It was always definite that I would go to uni teachers in my last school were certain now I'm failing so badly I won't even be able to go and even the headteacher tells me I won't get into uni.

I don't know why everything has gone so horribly wrong for me. I don't even know what course or career to pursue. I was destined to do law now I'm not even close to even getting into any uni let alone russell group to study it. I can't stop having panic attacks and crying over this. Exams are much earlier this year in just 2 months and I'm nowhere near ready

Just want to give up on life so fed up. Can't even talk to my mum she just tells me to grow up get a grip and everyone deals with exam stress. I can't do it anymore

Posted from TSR Mobile

A few things strike me from your post:
- you're way too harsh on yourself! You're not stupid, you're not a bad daughter (from the sounds of it your parents leave a lot to be desired for keeping you in this awful school, telling you just to 'grow up' etc.), you're a person who's struggling with too much pressure on her from illness, school and parents. I doubt that many of us would cope too well in that situation, which is why I think something has to change. :console:
- this school sounds like it's terrible for your mental health. It sounds completely unsupportive and lacking in basic understanding of mental health issues, and really I think you'd be better off practically anywhere but there! Is there any chance for you to return to your old school, or to either take more time off or switch to another? Yes it might not make your parents happy (unjustifiably, since their first duty is to you), but the important thing here is your wellbeing.
- you talk about how you were definitely going to uni and 'destined' to study law - are these actually your hopes and desires, or are they what other people assumed on your behalf? Higher education is a great thing, but there's no need to rush into it or take the same well-trodden path as everyone else. You can go to uni at practically any age, and you don't necessarily have to have got the best results in school. Take your time, work out what you want to do when you're ready, and don't feel bad just cos you're not taking the same route as everybody else.

Spoiler

Reply 1183
So the council are coming round to check on us tomorrow, i so cant copewith this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by purple-duck

Spoiler

Don't try to explain it all. Eat when you need to. Have you had any cbt or mood gym?
Original post by WildeAboutOscar
Don't try to explain it all. Eat when you need to. Have you had any cbt or mood gym?

Spoiler

Reply 1186
Original post by PonchoKid
So the council are coming round to check on us tomorrow, i so cant copewith this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1187

To check we are who we are and that our housing benefit claim and council tax reduction claim is all correct with where we are living.
I know what we told them is all true but its still scary and urgh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1188
So my best bud's 21st's this week and I'm determined to go to his party, we're also going to a gig together the day after. But, after the party, he wants to go town with everyone. I don't:

a) I spend too much in town
b) Drinking always seems to depress me
c) I don't feel strong enough to do so since I'm not fully over my breakup and still think about it, drinking/lack of sleep will make this worse

d) I have to do essays and I already might ned extension for one to go to the party (of all reasons to get an extension lol, guilt)

but I think everybody is going to think me weak/a coward etc. for chickening out just because I don't want the bad thoughts triggered
don't know what to do :/
Original post by Riku
So my best bud's 21st's this week and I'm determined to go to his party, we're also going to a gig together the day after. But, after the party, he wants to go town with everyone. I don't:

a) I spend too much in town
b) Drinking always seems to depress me
c) I don't feel strong enough to do so since I'm not fully over my breakup and still think about it, drinking/lack of sleep will make this worse

d) I have to do essays and I already might ned extension for one to go to the party (of all reasons to get an extension lol, guilt)

but I think everybody is going to think me weak/a coward etc. for chickening out just because I don't want the bad thoughts triggered
don't know what to do :/

Just tell them straight that you're coming for the party but not going out afterwards, they might try and persuade you into going, but you have perfectly sound reasons not to :yep: if you're thinking of it in terms of 'weak/cowardly', I'd say it's more that you're being strong by making a decision in what's best for you and sticking by it. Not cowardly at all :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
My clumsies are getting worse. Last week I catapulted ribena all over a beige rug, tripped up the stairs and walked into everything. I'm black and blue!

This weekend I've fallen up stairs 3 times, banged my leg on the table spilling ribena all over the place again this morning and I'm just like a little wrecking ball which would be fine but I'm going away with friends I haven't seen for years and I want to appear as normal as possible.

It doesn't help that what I thought was going to be a nice grown up weekend away is turning into a onesie wearing ring-of-fire fest.
Reply 1191
Just tell them straight that you're coming for the party but not going out afterwards, they might try and persuade you into going, but you have perfectly sound reasons not to :yep: if you're thinking of it in terms of 'weak/cowardly', I'd say it's more that you're being strong by making a decision in what's best for you and sticking by it. Not cowardly at all :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't know if I do though. I mean the only real reason is because I'll be knackered trying to get coursework/might have a depressive episode if I start thinking about the breakup too much, are they really reasons? It's been 5 weeks now, getting to the stage people say 'get voer it already'. As for coursework, 'I need my sleep'doesn't seem to go down well with students.
I just don't know. Maybe if I was stronger I would be able to handle the being tired and drinking and stuff without leaving early :s-smilie:
Reply 1192
Original post by ParadoxSocks
My clumsies are getting worse. Last week I catapulted ribena all over a beige rug, tripped up the stairs and walked into everything. I'm black and blue!

This weekend I've fallen up stairs 3 times, banged my leg on the table spilling ribena all over the place again this morning and I'm just like a little wrecking ball which would be fine but I'm going away with friends I haven't seen for years and I want to appear as normal as possible.

It doesn't help that what I thought was going to be a nice grown up weekend away is turning into a onesie wearing ring-of-fire fest.

Iv lost count how many times iv walked into the bin bag in the kitchen!
And i need to go check the post, but my fear of falling down the stairs is returning really bad, so i dunno if i should or not :s-smilie:

Youll be ok this weekend, if your worried about drinking can you just drink lemonade and say your on antibiotics or something??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1193
Feeling down, seem to have had enough of everything. Just want to disappear somewhere

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1194
Really feeling good about this day off, really needed it and I think it'll do me good to have a rest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Riku
I don't know if I do though. I mean the only real reason is because I'll be knackered trying to get coursework/might have a depressive episode if I start thinking about the breakup too much, are they really reasons? It's been 5 weeks now, getting to the stage people say 'get voer it already'. As for coursework, 'I need my sleep'doesn't seem to go down well with students.
I just don't know. Maybe if I was stronger I would be able to handle the being tired and drinking and stuff without leaving early :s-smilie:

That's a very good reason not to go :sadnod:
I think people take longer than others, I know that I've taken more than 5 weeks to get over someone I hadn't even gone out with :colondollar:
Just tell them you have your important coursework to do - they will have all done similar, one time or another.

I'd agree with Odd Socks - a lot stronger to resist and do what you need and want to do. They're all good reasons, and I think it's just important to prioritise you:yep:
Reply 1196
Come over all ****ty. Done lots of little jobs like sorting out paper work, filled in my diary, cleaned the kitchen a bit, and then randomly decided that making an MH specific appointment would be a fab idea. So im at the drs wednesday afternoon and now im not too sure :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1197
Well I've just missed the first lecture of the week. Woke up just now. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Today I got myself stuck in a chair at uni :colondollar: there were like little decorative holes in the back of it and I stuck my finger in one and couldn't get it out :lol: I thought I'd need to be cut out of it, but luckily we had some mayonnaise left over from lunch and we used that as a lubricant to get me out :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1199
Today I got myself stuck in a chair at uni :colondollar: there were like little decorative holes in the back of it and I stuck my finger in one and couldn't get it out :lol: I thought I'd need to be cut out of it, but luckily we had some mayonnaise left over from lunch and we used that as a lubricant to get me out :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh no :lol: I once stuck my finger in a coke can and had to cut it off with scissors :colondollar:

Latest