The Student Room Group

Mexican cartel takes brutality up a notch, killing children, harvesting their organs

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Stalin
Rubbish.

50% of the Sinaloa cartel's income comes from marijuana alone.

Massive drug empires won't just vanish into thin air

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 41
Original post by Stalin
The device you're using to post on this website definitely contains rare earth minerals; and now that China - where your device was made - dominates the market and mining of said minerals, you can bet someone died extracting it from the ground.

But that isn't going to tempt you to stop using your computer, phone and/or tablet.

Okay I understand. we should just let worthless junkies carry on funding the slaughter of Mexican civilians because someone may have died making my phone.....even though you have no proof of that.......

Are you guys seriously trying to justify the funding of Mexican drug cartels illegal operations?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 42
Original post by ESPORTIVA
I would change if anyone can 100% prove to me that me buying timberland boots causes the death of someone.

We know that the DEMAND of drugs is causing the increase in SUPPLY which has led to huge amounts of bloodshed, don't you see that? Oh but people have been using drugs forever so its okay to buy drugs off the cartels...............

So we should carry on DIRECTLY fund cartel brutality and bloodshed because we need our fix and aren't willing to change our selfish habits and because we don't do it with the brand of clothes, technology we use/wear?

Peter Hitchens was right nobody wants to do anything about demand.

ok i see you support the drug cartels and the misery they cause

All i see extremely selfish people not caring about the blood shed they have a hand in (pretend its not happening).

It's a lot more difficult to tackle demand, in fact, it's futile. It's easier and makes more sense to regulate the supply.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Massive drug empires won't just vanish into thin air

Posted from TSR Mobile

True, they won't vanish into thin air, but without their drug money, their business is severely limited - and from that point onward the government has the upper hand, especially when you consider the revenue in tax legalisation will generate.
Okay I understand. we should just let worthless junkies carry on funding the slaughter of Mexican civilians because someone may have died making my phone.....even though you have no proof of that.......

Are you guys seriously trying to justify the funding of Mexican drug cartels illegal operations?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was countering your Timberland claim with something more potent.

And yes, by arguing in favour of legalisation I'm clearly in favour of the drug cartels.
Reply 45
Few articles have made me genuinely gasp and feel the need to retch but this one did. Removing the eyes of a child barely older than a baby, what the fanatical f***. All I can say is that this is proof that the state of being human is almost entirely dependent on upbringing, not just genes, and that these sub human monsters should be fed feet first through a meat grinder.
Reply 46
More victims of the war on drugs. Legalisation would cripple the cartels, maintaining the sort of hold they have over Mexico is incredibly expensive- taking away their income from drugs might not destroy them but without the funds to support bribery and corruption they would be forced underground rather than being able to act with impunity like they currently can.

Though to be honest I don't find this surprising anymore and it certainly isn't the worst story I've heard from Mexico. I doubt they suffered as badly as some of the people used as examples by the cartels.
What can I say they're just not humane like those evil whiteys.
Reply 48
Right now and forever stopping the demand will kill the supply (however i support legalization and support decriminalizing drugs). I don't think legalization would occur in our life time, so thats out of the question. But is it too much for people who have never taken drugs to well.....just not take them? why start?

Support for ending the drugs war is growing like never before and is a far far more realistic possibility than ending demand. Sure some drug users maybe selfish, they're sufficiently detached from the realities of the drug trade to not have to think about it, but then some are just desperate. Shoving the horrors of the drugs trade down their throats may have some small impact, maybe, its not like it hasn't already been tried though, we've had decades of it along with all the bull**** propoganda shoved down our throats, yet the drugs trade just keeps on growing. And why shouldn't we have bodily autonomy and freedom of thought. The real selfish attitudes where the blame for these atrocities really lay are those puritanical nutjobs like Peter Hitchens, those that expect everyone to lead their lives just as they do and don't care who dies along the way to enforcing their dream of some puritan utopia, along with all those corporate interests profiting from the drugs war just as much as the cartels.

Of course ending the drugs war won't entirely rid us of the cartels but it will have a huge impact, just look at the results of the the great experiment.
Reply 49
Original post by n00
Support for ending the drugs war is growing like never before and is a far far more realistic possibility than ending demand. Sure some drug users maybe selfish, they're sufficiently detached from the realities of the drug trade to not have to think about it, but then some are just desperate. Shoving the horrors of the drugs trade down their throats may have some small impact, maybe, its not like it hasn't already been tried though, we've had decades of it along with all the bull**** propoganda shoved down our throats, yet the drugs trade just keeps on growing. And why shouldn't we have bodily autonomy and freedom of thought. The real selfish attitudes where the blame for these atrocities really lay are those puritanical nutjobs like Peter Hitchens, those that expect everyone to lead their lives just as they do and don't care who dies along the way to enforcing their dream of some puritan utopia, along with all those corporate interests profiting from the drugs war just as much as the cartels.

Of course ending the drugs war won't entirely rid us of the cartels but it will have a huge impact, just look at the results of the the great experiment.

legalisation ain't happening any time soon. Maybe the next millennium.

I just can't see any justification for funding the drug cartels. Freedom or no freedom.

Why not be patient and fight for legalisation (let's face it barely anyone is doing it, all they do is talk about it) and when you finally do get legalisation then you can have your overdoses.

That is unless you don't care about the bloodshed and massacres in poorer countries cuz you gots to gets your fix.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 50
legalisation ain't happening any time soon. Maybe the next millennium.

I just can't see any justification for funding the drug cartels. Freedom or no freedom.

Why not be patient and fight for legalisation (let's face it barely anyone is doing it, all they do is talk about it) and when you finally do get legalisation then you can have your overdoses.

Be patient and fight for a millennium? What do you recommend.doing other than talking about it? What are you doing?

That is unless you don't care about the bloodshed and massacres in poorer countries cuz you gots to gets your fix.

No, i do care and i gets my fix without funding the cartels. :wink:
Reply 51
Original post by n00
Be patient and fight for a millennium? What do you recommend.doing other than talking about it? What are you doing?

No, i do care and i gets my fix without funding the cartels. :wink:

I don't know, you tell me. I don't know what you guys should do.

It's a shame other worthless junkies don't get their fix from any other sources but the cartels.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 52
I don't know you tell me I don't know what you guys should do.

Well you're the one complaining about nothing but talk. What else do you expect to happen? What do you recommend doing to reduce demand? Do you think that selfish **** Peter Hitchens is right there too? What are you doing? Or do you not care?

We certainly won't end prohibition by giving up our freedom.
Mexico and South America is a very violent part of the world. More violent then even Africa.
Reply 54
Original post by n00
Well you're the one complaining about nothing but talk. What else do you expect to happen? What do you recommend doing to reduce demand? Do you think that selfish **** Peter Hitchens is right there too? What are you doing? Or do you not care?

We certainly won't end prohibition by giving up our freedom.

Make efforts to decrease demand

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 55
Make efforts to decrease demand

By doing what? There's always going to be a demand, it's completely unrealistic to think we can ever overide our natural inclination to alter our conciouness, whether that be in a millenium or whenever, it's simply never going to happen, but we can quite easily put an end to prohibition.
Reply 56
Original post by n00
By doing what? There's always going to be a demand, overide our natural inclination to alter our conciouness, whether that be in a millenium or whenever, it's simply never going to happen, but we can quite easily put an end to prohibition.

it's completely unrealistic to think we can ever stop supply without stopping demand. Drug legalisation isn't gonna happen any time soon and the drug cartels are killing thousands.

So I think as of right now we should try to stop spoilt stupid kids from starting drug use. Stop any new use.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 57
it's completely unrealistic to think we can ever stop supply without stopping demand.
Why do we need to stop supply? All we need do is take it out of the hands of the cartels.

Drug legalisation isn't gonna happen any time soon and the drug cartels are killing thousands.
Why not, its not like it's difficult to do, especially when compared to changing human nature.

So I think as of right now we should try to stop spoilt stupid kids from starting drug use. Stop any new use.

By talking about it? How are those spoilt stupid kids any worse than those spoilt stupid corporations or those spoilt stupid puritans?
(edited 10 years ago)
How many more people need to die before we start realising that the war on drugs will never work?
Reply 59
Original post by n00
Why do we need to stop supply? All we need do is take it out of the hands of the cartels.

Why not, its not like it's difficult to do, especially when compared to changing human nature.

By talking about it?

not talk about it. Stricter laws. Going into university campuses find a herd of liberal junkies and beat them senseless. Basically what we are doing now but harsher.

If drug legalisation is not that difficult to do why is it never gonna happen?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending