The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Brighton BA(Hons) Physical Education With QTS

Just put in my firm choice for the course,
Anyone else accepted?
and has anyone passed or attempted their Literacy and Numeracy test?
Cheers! :smile:
Reply 1
My daughter has an offer for this course although hasn't firmed yet. She can't decide between Brighton & Marjon in Plymouth, course is a BEd at Marjon & only 3yrs but she loved Eastbourne!

She has passed the Literacy test no problem but panicking about the Maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
Awesome thanks,
I had an offer from the Marjon course too, but in the end I decided that even though it is an extra year it is more knowledge and more teaching experience behind me which will help me gain a job after graduating.
But also taking the three year BEd course, 3 years is not a long space of time so some of the content may be rushed and almost ignored, I took Brighton as I knew I would learn the most :smile:
Plus, Eastbourne is lovely compared to Plymouth :smile:
Reply 3
Oh also, I keep doing the maths, I find if your daughter keeps doing the mocks online over and over again she will get in to the mentality of answering those style of questions. :smile:
Reply 4
Numeracy passed pressure off! Apparently it's far easier than the online practise tests.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going to be studying physical education :smile: I was rejected for QTS :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys, tomorrow I am selling the AAA and AAA with Halloween wrist bands!! Il post the link at midday!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm studying physical education toooo :smile:
Original post by Poppybear
My daughter has an offer for this course although hasn't firmed yet. She can't decide between Brighton & Marjon in Plymouth, course is a BEd at Marjon & only 3yrs but she loved Eastbourne!

She has passed the Literacy test no problem but panicking about the Maths.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was just wondering if anyone knows of any other Physical education with QTS courses anywhere as i cannot find any! Plus are they all for four years or can you get the same qualification in three years at another university?
does the BEd course in Plymouth supply the same qualifications as the one at Brighton? Please help me!
Original post by lucfreeman
I was just wondering if anyone knows of any other Physical education with QTS courses anywhere as i cannot find any! Plus are they all for four years or can you get the same qualification in three years at another university?
does the BEd course in Plymouth supply the same qualifications as the one at Brighton? Please help me!

Hi there, not sure if different this year but last year when applying Marjon, Plymouth was the only BEd 3 year, 4yr BA at Bedford, Eastbourne(Brighton) and Leeds Trinity.. My daughter got all her offers & decided on Plymouth.. 3 weeks in & absolutely loving it, guaranteed accommodation played a part in her decision as she was travelling for the summer & wouldn't have been in the country to arrange a house share at Brighton.
In terms of qualifications either makes you just as qualified, a lot of the 1st year at Brighton seems to be practical & no placement until end of 2nd year I think, whereas at Plymouth school placement starts in January if the 1st year! I guess it's what suits you personally...
They are all very competitive, 18 places at Plymouth, 300ish interviewed! If you have any more questions feel free to ask.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Wow, your daughter must be very intelligent and have got brilliant grades and must've had an amazing CV! Well done to her! That sounds amazing, i've booked my open day so just fingers crossed from now on! Can't you ask her to put in a good word for me haha! I'm only joking, but this course definitely looks good on the website, thank you for your help!
She's not particually intelligent but very personable!! I think the key was she had a huge list of extra curriculars D of E, Brownie Leader, coaching certificates and she also arranged work experience in both a primary & secondary school to show that she had researched the age groups and was sure of which she wanted to teach! Good luck to you it seems an amazing course so far..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok brilliant thank you for all your help! keeping my fingers and toes crossed until i find out if i get in or not!
She's not particually intelligent but very personable!! I think the key was she had a huge list of extra curriculars D of E, Brownie Leader, coaching certificates and she also arranged work experience in both a primary & secondary school to show that she had researched the age groups and was sure of which she wanted to teach! Good luck to you it seems an amazing course so far..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry, one more thing, how long after her interview did she hear back from the university with her offer? Only because i received an offer from Bedfordshire on the QTS Course the very next day so would be expecting a quick reply from Marjon! However i am assuming it will not be as quick!
Do you know roughly how long it was?
Original post by lucfreeman
Sorry, one more thing, how long after her interview did she hear back from the university with her offer? Only because i received an offer from Bedfordshire on the QTS Course the very next day so would be expecting a quick reply from Marjon! However i am assuming it will not be as quick!
Do you know roughly how long it was?

She asked at the interview & was told within 3 weeks, she heard after 2 1/2 weeks. She's arrived home for Christmas today so if you have any other questions you can Pm & I get her to answer you! Hope the interview went well!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
She asked at the interview & was told within 3 weeks, she heard after 2 1/2 weeks. She's arrived home for Christmas today so if you have any other questions you can Pm & I get her to answer you! Hope the interview went well!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for all your help! I had my interview and all went well and have found out I have a place! Just got to do my skills tests now and then I'm ready for September! :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not been on here for a while!! Congrats on your offer, are you going to firm Marjon?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending