The Student Room Group

Today is the last day in the UK where only heterosexual couples can marry

Hey Guys;

Well, as of tomorrow (29/03/2014), same sex couples will legally be able to marry.

The main point of this thread is to discuss our views and opinions.
Also, it has come to my attention that, for whatever reason, the media hasn't touched on the subject at all or at least I have seen nothing in the media websites about same sex marriage at all in the last couple of months until today. =l

Anyway, I support this in all ways and would like to hear people's views on this. :smile:

Will edit this thread later explaining why I support this later, but, would just like to make this thread for now.

EDIT:
Sorry it to so longer for the edit guys, when I made this thread yesterday, I needed to go out and, due to HEAVY traffic, didn't get back until hours later and was too tired to post...

I believe religion has dictated what goes on in people's lives and thus their human rights for FAR too long and never should have happened in the first place, religion does not own marriage since religion and marriage have nothing to do with each other, it is only believed it did even though marriage has been around far longer than any religion today.
So, I believe the recent change was due to people realising people's rights were being affected due to people now only seeing how much of an impact religion had on denying people's human rights (or should I say equal rights)..
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Marriage, overall, is silly anyway.
Reply 2
:party2::party:

Woo!
Reply 3
Only me who's against this?
Reply 4
What is there to debate? Why is it always the heteros that want to start some debate over issues that doesn't involve them. All it brings is homophobia and the same old excuses.
Nobody marries anyway nowadays, so the gays think we're giving them an important right, but actually like nobody gives a ****, because getting married is becoming less popular.
This is the beginning...

OF THE RISE OF THE GAYS
Reply 7
Here's a fun fact:

You can support gay marriage, but you don't have to.

You can have an opinion, but don't force that opinion on other people.

Simple.
Reply 8
The concept of marriage is completely pointless and outdated.
Reply 9
Original post by tonymcdonald
This is the beginning...

OF THE RISE OF THE GAYS

Good :colone:
Original post by Bubzeh
Only me who's against this?

Alas, it seems not.

There's nothing to be against. Some more people are getting the right to make the same kind of public commitment as everyone else. So long as religious institutions are not forced to participate agains their will -- and they aren't being -- what could possibly be objectionable about that?
Reply 11
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Alas, it seems not.

There's nothing to be against. Some more people are getting the right to make the same kind of public commitment as everyone else. So long as religious institutions are not forced to participate agains their will -- and they aren't being -- what could possibly be objectionable about that?

I just find Gay people very clingy and Alan Carr'ish. Which I do NOT approve of.
Reply 12
Original post by tonymcdonald
Nobody marries anyway nowadays, so the gays think we're giving them an important right, but actually like nobody gives a ****, because getting married is becoming less popular.

It's not about marriage actually meaning anything, it's about equal rights. Personally I don't want to get married, but I damn well don't want that to be decided for me by the state.
Reply 13
Original post by Bubzeh
I just find Gay people very clingy and Alan Carr'ish. Which I do NOT approve of.

Not all gay people are camp. Or men.

And why is it up to you to approve of someones personality?
Reply 14
Original post by RomnCoton
Faggots should stay in civilised partnerships.

People talk about the Bible everyday on TSR. Were there any fags in the Old or New Testament? No.

Unless you count Mary whom asked God to get her pregnant without sex because she didn't like the cock.

The bible condemns shellfish four times more than homosexuality, so feel free to drop your ridiculous argument and go protest outside seafood restaurants instead.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Bubzeh

Gay people should not be allowed to marry because you don't like camp people.

Original post by Bubzeh

And that, ladies and gentlemen is the ancient art of stereotyping.
Original post by DurhamXI
Marriage, overall, is silly anyway.

That's actually a good reason that there shouldn't be laws over who gets to marry who
Reply 18
Original post by Bubzeh

Something tells me the only gay people you've ever been exposed to are on Glee.

(Also, who really cares whether you approve of them? Fortunately, your opinions mean very little.)
Reply 19
Original post by Damask-
The bible condemns shellfish four times four times more than homosexuality, so feel free to drop your ridiculous argument and go protest outside seafood restaurants instead.

Why is my argument ridiculous? There is no homosexuality in the Bible and marriage is a religious sacrament.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending