The Student Room Group
Reply 1
No, you don't.
Reply 2
No you can choose whatever you like - and if you want an answer, you're better still posting in there :wink:
Reply 3
No, I went from Politics to Drama for example.
Reply 4
wikiwikiwildwildwest
Sorry to post here but i think im annoying everyone in 'Apps.' with my 20 questions:p: . My question is, If i go through clearing, do I have to choose the same, or a similar course than my original offers? Thanks for the help.

No - but the same UCAS application will be used (i.e. PS, reference, work exp, etc). You can submit a new PS directly to the universities concerned, though.
Knogle
No - but the same UCAS application will be used (i.e. PS, reference, work exp, etc). You can submit a new PS directly to the universities concerned, though.
Just through email, or mail, yeah?
Reply 6
wikiwikiwildwildwest
Just through email, or mail, yeah?

I reckon that Mail would be best.
Reply 7
I would say email but these days, it's so easy for email to be lost or left unnoticed. *shrug*
Knogle
I would say email but these days, it's so easy for email to be lost or left unnoticed. *shrug*
Thats what I was initially thinking, but the e-mail tactic seems to be working so far, I've had all of my replys within a couple of hours.
Reply 9
i didnt think during clearing they look at your PS. they only looked at mine because they gave me a place for the following year after clearing for 2005 entry had closed and they wanted to see it..my uni choice was history originally, but i got a place to do classical studies during clearing, despite having no prior qualifications in anything classic-y related.

one of my friends applied for medicine, and went through clearing to do economics at a completely different uni so i dont think the PS makes a difference. Maybe it depends on the uni?
Reply 10
Hana_1987
i didnt think during clearing they look at your PS. they only looked at mine because they gave me a place for the following year after clearing for 2005 entry had closed and they wanted to see it..my uni choice was history originally, but i got a place to do classical studies during clearing, despite having no prior qualifications in anything classic-y related.

one of my friends applied for medicine, and went through clearing to do economics at a completely different uni so i dont think the PS makes a difference. Maybe it depends on the uni?

You're right - your PS is largely irrelevant in Clearing for most courses/universities.
Reply 11
PQ says the system is changing this year. Previously, grades were printed on the CEF, but this year the Passport won't have them on. The unis will have to look them up somehow, and that's the same place that they look at the PS, reference etc
Reply 12
In a random chat with my tutor in a class break, he said he was very impressed by my reference and such, so maybe not so irrelevant to some.
Reply 13
Acaila
In a random chat with my tutor in a class break, he said he was very impressed by my reference and such, so maybe not so irrelevant to some.

How far into uni are you Acaila? I'm surprised he still remembers anything about your reference. :smile:
Reply 14
Juno
PQ says the system is changing this year. Previously, grades were printed on the CEF, but this year the Passport won't have them on. The unis will have to look them up somehow, and that's the same place that they look at the PS, reference etc

The unis will have to look them up on the UCAS web link using the student's UCAS app number. :wink:
Reply 15
Knogle
How far into uni are you Acaila? I'm surprised he still remembers anything about your reference. :smile:

I'll be heading into second year in a month's time.

Well apparently mine was a good reference (though I'm surprised!), and he remembers my application rather well as it had special circumstances and he still goes on about my grades :rolleyes:

He apparently completely forgot who someone was when asked to give a job reference for someone who left, but he notices if I'm missing from a lecture.
The joys of being conspicuous!

Latest

Trending

Trending