The Student Room Group

Help!

When doing psychology or psychology combined with criminology how much free would you get?
Free what? I don't understand what you're asking.

Posted from TSR Mobile
As in free time? You would roughly get the same amount of contact hours as anyone else in your year. I studied Psychology with Clinical Psychology, and it just works out as going to a different module once or twice a week compared to those just doing straight Psychology (i.e. while those doing straight Psych went to 'current issues and debates' in first year, I went to 'foundations of clinical psych').

If you're doing a joint honours course (i.e. Psychology AND Criminology, rather than Psychology WITH Criminology) I'd imagine that you'd have to attend more lectures than your peers doing a single honours course, but that's not something that I know much about. Either way, it usually works out that you get a lot of free time in first year and then progressively get less and less as time goes on.
Original post by tígertíger
As in free time? You would roughly get the same amount of contact hours as anyone else in your year. I studied Psychology with Clinical Psychology, and it just works out as going to a different module once or twice a week compared to those just doing straight Psychology (i.e. while those doing straight Psych went to 'current issues and debates' in first year, I went to 'foundations of clinical psych').

If you're doing a joint honours course (i.e. Psychology AND Criminology, rather than Psychology WITH Criminology) I'd imagine that you'd have to attend more lectures than your peers doing a single honours course, but that's not something that I know much about. Either way, it usually works out that you get a lot of free time in first year and then progressively get less and less as time goes on.

Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest