Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Canadian Soc anyone?

This thread is sponsored by:
Announcements Posted on
Post on TSR and win a prize! Find out more... 10-04-2014
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddyward)
    lolol, I'm guessing it's because it's just reading articles and answering questions about them for the most part?
    It's a variety of 'pick the best answer' questions. And an essay, unless the formula's changed (now I'm starting to date myself).
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello, thought I would pop in and say hello to all Canadians here

I'll be studying Bachelor of Medicine at University of Southampton this September... anyone joining me there?
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctork2)
    Hello, thought I would pop in and say hello to all Canadians here

I'll be studying Bachelor of Medicine at University of Southampton this September... anyone joining me there?
    Not me, but I'm curious as to how you managed going to 5 interviews! I went to one, which was in itself a difficult endeavor. Did you fly over individually for each one?
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punctuation)
    Not me, but I'm curious as to how you managed going to 5 interviews! I went to one, which was in itself a difficult endeavor. Did you fly over individually for each one?
    I could only apply for 4 universities as that was the maximum # of medical schools I could apply to. I ended up going to 3 of them - 2 on my visit, and the 3rd interview was held in Canada (which was very convenient - 2000 dollars were saved that very day ). I ended up getting an offer from my first choice, Southampton, before I went to my last intervew - so I declined the interview offer.

It's great you're heading to Bristol - it is a fantastic university from what I've heard from a friend of mine who goes there. Hope you have a great time as well

Which part of Canada are you from? I'm from the Greater Toronto Area (but let's just say I'm from Toronto for simplicity sake )
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctork2)
    I could only apply for 4 universities as that was the maximum # of medical schools I could apply to. I ended up going to 3 of them - 2 on my visit, and the 3rd interview was held in Canada (which was very convenient - 2000 dollars were saved that very day ). I ended up getting an offer from my first choice, Southampton, before I went to my last intervew - so I declined the interview offer.

It's great you're heading to Bristol - it is a fantastic university from what I've heard from a friend of mine who goes there. Hope you have a great time as well

Which part of Canada are you from? I'm from the Greater Toronto Area (but let's just say I'm from Toronto for simplicity sake )
    Ah, I see! Sorry, I meant 4 but I'm so used to thinking of "5 choices" that I forgot, haha. I'm from the GTA too. Where are you specifically?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I see! Sorry, I meant 4 but I'm so used to thinking of "5 choices" that I forgot, haha. I'm from the GTA too. Where are you specifically?
    ...his 'location' says 'Richmond Hill', so that's my guess. :rolleyes:
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KirstyK)
    ...his 'location' says 'Richmond Hill', so that's my guess. :rolleyes:
    Haha, right! Sorry.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Any Canadians heading to Cambridge for Fall admission?
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by interleukin)
    Any Canadians heading to Cambridge for Fall admission?
    To my knowledge, Susan (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=561527) is going there this fall for French ab initio German.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    This is great
    I would loveto share info about Canada especally Toroto
    And if you have any questions about education in Canada I am the right one to give you advice
    Cheers
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Humber College Institute of Technology)
    Hi
    This is great
    And if you have any questions about education in Canada I am the right one to give you advice
    Cheers
    Hi,

I think this sub-forum here is where you'll find more people who are interested in studying in Canada.

This thread has more Canadians who are studying or will be studying in the UK.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Humber College Institute of Technology)
    Hi
    This is great
    Cheers
    You may also wish to set up your own sub-forum as Freshfields did here.
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bump! How is everyone's uni/uni application experience going? I'm actually getting more excited each month about moving across the pond
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Bump! How is everyone's uni/uni application experience going? I'm actually getting more excited each month about moving across the pond
    stressful, haha gotta keep up the grades. Gotta go to law camp in the summer and apply to law firms hoping for an internship even though they don't hire high school students in canada. Studying for LNATs along with writing extended essays fun! Only good part is that i don't have exams in june lolol
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eddyward)
    stressful, haha gotta keep up the grades. Gotta go to law camp in the summer and apply to law firms hoping for an internship even though they don't hire high school students in canada. Studying for LNATs along with writing extended essays fun! Only good part is that i don't have exams in june lolol
    law camp? what's that?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KirstyK)
    law camp? what's that?
    UT holds law camps now for high school students, med as well.
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello, Canadians! How are you?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello, Canadians! How are you?
    Seen better days. Just realising how better candy from the UK actually is. I must of spent 5 minutes trying to pick the right candy at a store the other day since all the candy here tastes like nothing.
    • 35 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ifstatement)
    Seen better days. Just realising how better candy from the UK actually is. I must of spent 5 minutes trying to pick the right candy at a store the other day since all the candy here tastes like nothing.
    Haribo... :drool: granted it's a German sweet but it's much more abundant in British stores than Canadian ones... however, I have found Haribo at Shoppers Drug Mart, and have subsequently bought and eaten three bags in two weeks...
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ifstatement)
    and is more expensive....everythings more expensive, even air travel, especially air travel...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: July 1, 2013
Article updates
Useful resources
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.