The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've been eating quorn for 2 years now and it's great. We have everything from the chicken style pieces to the sausage rolls. As long as you add loads of spices and seasoning, then most meals will taste great. I'd say the mince and pieces are the most versatile - use these in any recipe that would ordinarily use meat and it will turn out really tasty.
Reply 41
I love the linda mc cartney sausage rolls (I once ate a whole 6 pack at once)

:P
I love quorn so much- I eat it at least once a day sometimes twice! I love the sausages and the dippers but also eat the escalopes- the spinach and cheese ones are soooo good. I don't mind the mince and the pieces for things like curries, spaghetti bolognaise etc but don't eat them quite as much (mainly because I am a lazy cook!). I am a veggie btw.

Interestingly quorn say that their products aren't relaly aimed at vegetarians but rather people looking to cut down on red meat in their diet and also fat. I think on their website it says that 50% of the people that by quorn aren't vegetarian which is interesting. Most people that I know that eat quorn regularly are vegetarian and don't care that it doesn't taste like meat. Most of my meat eating friends will eat it though and are often surprised that it is vegetarian. I remember a friend looking baffled that I was tucking into spaghetti bololgnaise with everyone else. Hehee!
purpleone
I love the linda mc cartney sausage rolls (I once ate a whole 6 pack at once)

:P

I love these as well, but surely, this is no major feat? After all, when i do eat them, I have all 6 at once, most of the time.

But anyhow, linda mccartney sausage rolls are far superior to anything else.
Quorn is tasty. It just feels a bit like rubber.
Reply 45
Cessie
Hmm I like the Frozen chunks to go in curry. The "chicken nuggets" are nice too. You can get mince as well for lasagne/spagetti bolognaise etc.

MMMMM I agree, I love the chicken nuggets. I hate the mince though. I quite like the taste of quorn.. to be honest I can't really comment on how much they taste like the real stuff cos I can't actually remember what the real stuff tastes like.

As an alternative to quorn, does anyone like falafel? I have a place near me that does fantastic falafel shawarmas... and they only cost the equivalant of 30p. Yey for cheap food.
I love falafel. It is gorgeous with hummous and loads of nice crunchy salad in pitta bread- mmmmm!
I used to live off the stuff when I was a vegetarian. My favourites were the quorn sausages and the quorn meatballs. However, I don't eat Quorn anymore, because they're not suitable for vegans, as many of the products contain egg and milk...

I do like the soya veggie mince which you can get. The Linda McCartney range is also really nice!
yumyumyum
MMMMM I agree, I love the chicken nuggets. I hate the mince though. I quite like the taste of quorn.. to be honest I can't really comment on how much they taste like the real stuff cos I can't actually remember what the real stuff tastes like.

As an alternative to quorn, does anyone like falafel? I have a place near me that does fantastic falafel shawarmas... and they only cost the equivalant of 30p. Yey for cheap food.

Falafel is lovely! I usually buy the packets of Cauldron Falafel.
indy_punk
Being veggi,I am really hesitant to try it - because I just assumed it tastes like meat :s
Hmm maybe I should give it a go!

I also really dont get why its advertised for vegitarians then told it "tastes just like meat" Why?! lol. I thought the whole point of bein veggie is not to want to taste meat lol.

Saying that i eat a whole load of it and also Tofu. (i know, total hypocrite)Ive found the chunks are nice when put in a sauce, so things like stirfrys and currys are awesome.

Not so keen on quorn mince though, really tastes like nothing lol.
Reply 50
What I find really funny is the vegans who buy the quorn cheese only to discover that they use eggs to make it. Food for Idiots really.

Latest