The Student Room Group

Pot Noodles taste different?

I only like the Chicken and Mushroom one so I'm only speaking about that one but have they changed the recipe or something. They used to smell a lot stronger and taste different to be not too long ago but now they taste different and less of ... whatever that taste was. You get me?
Reply 1
It's possible I havent eaten 1 for a long time, but they used to be made by Golden Wonder, now they are made my Unilever so if it's been a whilst since you last had 1 I would say they altered some things.
Original post by JaseyB
It's possible I havent eaten 1 for a long time, but they used to be made by Golden Wonder, now they are made my Unilever so if it's been a whilst since you last had 1 I would say they altered some things.

No bloody way. That would explain it I think...
Original post by Just_Another_One
No bloody way. That would explain it I think...

They were sold to Unilever in 2000, so unless you have been eating 21 year old pot noodle then it shouldn't make a difference.
Oh, then that would not explain it :c they just don't have the same smell/taste to me. eh...
Times are different. Times are changing. 👁 trust your intuition I say. I understand.
It's very normal for ingredients to change in readymade goods because brands of ingredients that are being sourced change regularly.
Reply 7
Ring the Caroline number and ask, whatever happens if you say you’re disappointed they might send you a few vouchers. Companies are always looking for ways to improve (aka cost save) recipes and of course there’s been huge pressure to reduce salt in vile concoctions like these which makes them even worse tasting
Original post by Just_Another_One
I only like the Chicken and Mushroom one so I'm only speaking about that one but have they changed the recipe or something. They used to smell a lot stronger and taste different to be not too long ago but now they taste different and less of ... whatever that taste was. You get me?
I'm damn sure they used 2 have a meat substitute in them like quorn before, that's why I only like the BOMBAY BAD BAD BOYS NOW!!! MORE FLAVOUR!
My favourite late night snacks are the PEPPERAMI FIRE STICKS WITH EITHER A DAIRYLEA CHEESE TRIANGLE OR DUNKERS.....
(edited 1 month ago)

Quick Reply

Latest