The Student Room Group

The Med School Blog

[scroll]Medical Students Unite![/scroll]

Let's build a community of current medical students!

From Freshers to our first anatomy lessons or placements all the way to exams, let's march on together :hugs:

[scroll][scrollr]~[/scrollr][/scroll][scrollr]

Tags of Medical Wisdom:

Spoiler

[scroll]Click below to see the official TSR Med Student Society's thread![/scroll]

It's already on Part 6. We can join the society once we're officially current medical students (after we start attending uni)

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4201194

Blog Goals

Spoiler

University Checklists!

Spoiler

Future Me Letters to be read in 5 years!

Spoiler

(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Please feel free to use this tag list (press </> to copy and paste the code) in your updates! I'll be keeping this tag list up to date as compared to the one in the first post, since that whole post is too long 🙈

Tags of Medical Wisdom:

Spoiler

Ask to join the list! :biggrin: If you'd like to be removed feel free to tell me :hugs:
(edited 1 year ago)
Yayyy let's go, so excited :grouphugs:
Omg this is so exciting!
This is going to be so fun!!!
I'm sure it will go quiet until then :lol: we'll have to update each other on what we're getting in preparation for moving into uni though!
Original post by KA_P
I'm sure it will go quiet until then :lol: we'll have to update each other on what we're getting in preparation for moving into uni though!

I have an entire list ready to go, I got too excited after getting my offer I've already bought a couple of things :rofl:
Original post by WTSBLG
I have an entire list ready to go, I got too excited after getting my offer I've already bought a couple of things :rofl:

Oooh what's on the list?

Honestly that's the best way to celebrate :awesome: I'm curious, what have you already bought??
:hugs:
Original post by KA_P
Oooh what's on the list?

Honestly that's the best way to celebrate :awesome: I'm curious, what have you already bought??
:hugs:

Everything from kitchen stuff to bathroom items, room and personal!
Things such as pans, cutlery, duvets, a couple of towels, a crazy number of bowls (I'll definitely just pick a few :tongue:), bathroom items like air fresheners and surface cleaners. This isn't even all of it but the more I type the more I realise how much I've already bought :rofl:
Original post by WTSBLG
Everything from kitchen stuff to bathroom items, room and personal!
Things such as pans, cutlery, duvets, a couple of towels, a crazy number of bowls (I'll definitely just pick a few :tongue:), bathroom items like air fresheners and surface cleaners. This isn't even all of it but the more I type the more I realise how much I've already bought :rofl:

Wahhhh my excitement is brimming just reading that list! Its definitely better to get all of these items ready, rather than buying them last minute like I probably will do :lol:
The urge to splurge on stationary is so real right now, I have to keep telling myself that I don't need another notebook/pen/set of highlighters etc :lol:
Thank you for adding me to the blog @KA_P :biggrin:

I won't be moving to halls so I don't have a list of stuff to buy, but I'm preparing by watching youtube videos by med students. There are so many great channels out there and I get so excited about it all! Absolutely love Kharma Medic's vlogs!

I'm also resisting buying stationary because I'm hoping to go digital with my notes this time around. Having lots of paper notes is such a pain in terms of storage, and also when you have to move house!! Anyone used Notion on here?
My son is due home at Easter for a rest but is still revising for his fourth year exams in June. If you have any easy questions let me know and I’ll ask him.
Original post by sharontL
My son is due home at Easter for a rest but is still revising for his fourth year exams in June. If you have any easy questions let me know and I’ll ask him.

Thank you for offering to ask! Where does he study?

I've heard anatomy is really hard because of the sheer volume of stuff you need to memorise. What would be his top tips for 1st years to not get overwhelmed with anatomy?
omg I didnt even know this exists. time for me to follow this ty
He studies at SGUL.
Original post by micholate9
Thank you for offering to ask! Where does he study?

I've heard anatomy is really hard because of the sheer volume of stuff you need to memorise. What would be his top tips for 1st years to not get overwhelmed with anatomy?

I’ll ask him! I know we had to buy him the grays anatomy book and he uses flash cards too. I’ll see him when he arrives home on Sunday 17
Original post by sharontL
I’ll ask him! I know we had to buy him the grays anatomy book and he uses flash cards too. I’ll see him when he arrives home on Sunday 17

Thank you, it's very kind of you to offer!

And please also keep us updated on how your daughter gets along with her application for next year :smile:
ooh decorative stationery! Now I'm tempted!

I also can't wait to get rid of all my work stuff from my desk! I will redecorate my office with lots of cute motivational posters on my wall :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending