The Student Room Group

''Only gays, women and muslims are allowed an opinion in modern day Britain'' -Agree?

Pretty much anyone else is shot down by the PC brigade. Agreed or not?
Reply 1
No. I don't agree.

White, middle class males dominate parliament

White, middle class males dominate the media

So... No
Original post by Cylos
No. I don't agree.

White, middle class males dominate parliament

White, middle class males dominate the media

So... No

These are not dominated by the middle classes. They are effectively nobility.

Treating the middle class with contempt is unacceptable, they are as thoroughly shafted as everybody else.
Yes, I just tried to say an opinion and this gay female Muslim came out of nowhere and punched me in the face.
All that red tape must drive you nuts as well OP.
Reply 5
Only white straight privileged males say this. Agree?
Original post by what is this

Why is that? Is it because they are white/straight/non-muslim, or is it because they hold views/opinions that are worth being ''shot down''?

For example, David Silvester (the guy who blamed gay marriage for the floods) was 'shot down' because he had a stupid opinion, not because he was white, male and Christian.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Muslims are on top gays and women on the PC food chain though.
Original post by what is this

Right, that must be why our Prime Minister is a straight, christian male and so is the majority of the cabinet and almost everyone else with power because only gays, women and muslims are allowed an opinion. No-one's allowed to attack Muslims because of the PC secret police and that's why the idea of Halal meat seems to have turned the whole country in to animal rights activists. Thank you for showing me the truth, yeah. You are one insightful guy, I must say.

Seriously though, I don't know whether you personally are a troll but the fact is some people genuinely think like this and it makes me laugh.
No. It's that such opinions are often stated as fact and not as part of the wide assortment of human thinking.

It's like men who think women are naturally more caring or more forgetful lulz.....Where's their evidence? They only hear what people around them said when growing up and take it in as gospel...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending