The Student Room Group

the value of good AS grades?

hey im currently in the midst of my AS exams and im feeling the strain
i was predicted 3 As and 1 B, but ultimately i was hoping for 4 As.
now im pretty sure thats not going to happen, which i know rules out really top unis like oxford and cambridge
if i were to get say 2 As and 2 Bs would that be good? do unis such as UCL accept people with results like that? i like the look of UCL but i know its a top uni so probably difficult to get into :/
Reply 1
Original post by EmergencyBagels
hey im currently in the midst of my AS exams and im feeling the strain
i was predicted 3 As and 1 B, but ultimately i was hoping for 4 As.
now im pretty sure thats not going to happen, which i know rules out really top unis like oxford and cambridge
if i were to get say 2 As and 2 Bs would that be good? do unis such as UCL accept people with results like that? i like the look of UCL but i know its a top uni so probably difficult to get into :/

I wouldn't worry too much if you got AABB instead of AAAB for example - both perfectly respectable, and if you had straight As for predicted grades, along with a good personal statement, I reckon you'd stand a decent chance applying for somewhere like UCL, or even Oxford (depending on what you're planning to study) - worth a shot if you like it! :biggrin:
thank you so much, i think my self confidence is the main threat to my success anyway! :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by EmergencyBagels
thank you so much, i think my self confidence is the main threat to my success anyway! :smile:

Don't let that be the case! Last summer, I convinced myself that I should expect something in the region of ABD on results day, but I came out with A*AA! You may well have done far better than you think. :h:
You can definitely apply to Oxbridge with AAAB and UCL is definitely possible depending on the course.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending