The Student Room Group

Another BBC radio presenter is a paedophile.. my mind is confused.

So another BBC radio presenter is being prosecuted for historical sexual offences following investigation as a part of Operation Yewtree after the embarrassment of Jimmy Savile.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27525751

I'm guessing to be a BBC radio presenter is to be 0.1% of the public.

So if they investigate all the public they would uncover a huge amount of unprosecuted sexual offences?

More bizarrely is.. what were they doing at BBC radio for this to happen?

Was there a culture of touching kids or.. was it the attitudes of the times in the 1960's and 1970's..?
The BBC certainly had a disgusting culture of tolerating and accepting sexual abuse, but we have to be careful of assuming that he guilty merely because he has been charged. He has not been convicted of any crime.
Reply 2
Every other male is called a paedophilie these days. Not trying to justify what any BBC Radio presenters have done if they have indeed done the deeds they are usually alleged to have, i.e. molesting under-age children, but men get called pedo if the age gap between him and his partner is uncomfortable to others. It kinda loses impact when you see somebody get called a paedophile for dating a 19-year-old girl at 26. That said, the accusation alone is enough to kill careers and social standing and weighs just as much as an outright conviction in the public eye.

Anyway it was probably the attitude of the times during the 60s and 70s. Young girls and in some cases boys, especially teenagers, always have childhood crushes on famous men; you see it nowadays with girls and the guys from bands like One Direction, The Wanted, etc. Celebrities, or at least minor ones, always have and always will whisk off groupies to do whatever with, more so in the swinging 60s and 70s when people were more laid back than now where everything ends up in the news or groupies are asked to hand in their phones and sign NDAs and written consent so that their asses are covered by the law.

I doubt BBC Radio staff are exactly setting up rooms for the sole purpose of rape, discuss rape and grooming techniques with each other or anything else the public may imagine up in light of all these scandals as if they are like the Illuminati if molestation. Of course, you get those who are legitimately twisted and would have used their position to sexually abuse under-age victims, like with Jimmy Saville, but I wouldn't put it past a lot of the victims to be girls who did something in their teenage years, that they now regret and are seeking compensation and 'justice' after the whole thing started snowballing with Jimmy Saville's case and jumping on that bandwagon. It's hard to tell when the only evidence really needed is word of mouth. Wouldn't be surprised to see the same types of accusations come out about current male celebs in 40-50 years time.
Innocent until proven guilty. People seem to forget that though...
Reply 4
I think it's more a problem of societies view on paedophilea and sexual harassment back then, not just the BBC.

Thankfully though it's far more hated and punished today, better if only the very concept of it didnt exist...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending