The Student Room Group

Epq

My epq title is ‘does the insanity defence create a loophole for criminals?’
Please can someone help me structure my 5000 word essay for this in detail, any help at all will be much appreciated
Reply 1
I'm not an expert, but I know you have to talk about both sides of the argument, so as someone who very much could have claimed temporary insanity if I was to do a crime a couple of months ago (not that I would), I think its important to mention factors that play into claiming insainity. Now this can be the loss of a loved one and then talk about the severity of the loss, for example claiming temporary insanity over the loss of a grandparent who is old isnt as valid as claiming temporarit insanity for example the homoside of a loved one (brother, mother ext). Obviously this can then bring in the play of motivs so its a bit sticky. Then for the for argument you could talk about why criminals would do it for example the severity of their crime so to cut time or avoid their sentence all togeather.
Pull in examples of crimals who have used the insanity claim and analyse this case from a outsiders point of veiw so both sides, family history ext.
Also I think talk about like the loophope in general and if it is worth it, pros (people may very well be out of thier normal mind state) and cons (the juctice system getting mocked for letting them get away with it) and then create a overall desiction on what is happening and why.
Pull in eithics, morals, brain sorta things and stuff. yh thats as much as I can think of for the moment tbh.
Reply 2
Original post by Jessy2467
My epq title is ‘does the insanity defence create a loophole for criminals?’
Please can someone help me structure my 5000 word essay for this in detail, any help at all will be much appreciated

ask chat gpt
Reply 3
How to complete an EPQ - short online free course - How to do an EPQ - Online Course (futurelearn.com)

BBC Law in Action podcasts - BBC Radio 4 - Law in Action - Available now
Reply 4
Original post by shuu0007
ask chat gpt

It doesn’t give me much😞

Quick Reply

Latest