The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by .snowflake.
Completely makes sense. My food odds hit almost all of the diagnostic criteria for AN, apart from BMI (so I'd get diagnosed with EDNOS, but I don't want to mention this to my GP)

:hugs:

Original post by bullettheory
Be really careful when looming at diagnosis online, we can almost always find things that fit us, especially with the personality disorders. Best thing is to speak to your doctor about your symptoms. Like last night, I've been diagnosed with all of those so any questions, give me a pm :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I know you shouldn't look up stuff online because it's not accurate, I just can't help it :colondollar:

Original post by superwolf
:five: Then home is a good place to be!

:hugs: Tell your GP. While how you're doing currently sounds fairly manageable, you don't want things to get worse and not have the support in place (as a worst case scenario).

Yeah, it's nice having food and a kitchen without insects :biggrin:

Okay, I need to go see one on Monday to get more fluoxetine (forgot to pick up my prescription from the docs in aberdeen and I've almost ran out) so I could either ask them, or wait till I see my regular GP in Aberdeen..
Original post by Odd socks
Yeah, it's nice having food and a kitchen without insects :biggrin:

Okay, I need to go see one on Monday to get more fluoxetine (forgot to pick up my prescription from the docs in aberdeen and I've almost ran out) so I could either ask them, or wait till I see my regular GP in Aberdeen..

Hehe, we'll have to get you a venus fly trap or two. :tongue:

I'd ask your regular GP, seeing someone as a one-off isn't going to do much. :nah:
Reply 182
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Awww! :hugs: Tiz a lovely piece, for sure :h:

I don't play anymore, tbh. Haven't played properly for about 5 years now :sad: Hurts too much :cry2:

I'm sorry to hear that :console:, must be tough not being able to do something you love. Sorry for all the questions about it, I didn't realise you stopped playing. Hopefully one day it won't hurt too much because you don't deserve to feel like that at all :jumphug:.

Good luck for the interview! If you have anything you've prepared that you want someone to look at, feel free to PM me. Although I doubt I'll be much help! :hugs:!
Reply 183
Original post by purple-duck

Good :smile: 60 minutes is long though! :eek: Is that what you have to do every day? (when Uni stuff is happening) (If you don't mind me asking :smile:)

Well, it's more like a 70 minute journey! Yep, I commute to uni from home :facepalm: :getmecoat:. I don't mind the travel but the last bus isn't that late at all so I've missed out on most university stuff. But I doubt I'll enjoy clubbing and stuff because I don't drink and most of the society meetups are pub or drinking related so I sometimes think I haven't missed much. But I guess it would have been nice to have the chance and I often regret living at home :frown:.
Original post by superwolf
Hehe, we'll have to get you a venus fly trap or two. :tongue:

I'd ask your regular GP, seeing someone as a one-off isn't going to do much. :nah:

Ooh cool I'd love one of those!

Yeah that makes sense actually :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
So I book tickets to go to Switzerland and my sister forgets to tell me she has a music exam between Monday to Friday of that week. We were meant to leave on Tuesday. This year is getting even worse!
(edited 9 years ago)
THINGS ARE GOING IN AND THINGS ARE MAKING SENSE. LIKE, WHAT EVEN IS THIS. -flails wildly-
THINGS ARE GOING IN AND THINGS ARE MAKING SENSE. LIKE, WHAT EVEN IS THIS. -flails wildly-

:five:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ikr. i'm sorry if i seem really giddy. I think my tablets are starting to kick in, and it's genuinely weird to be this happy.
Reply 189
Original post by SciFiRory
can you not just have a coke or something if you don't want to drink?

Original post by tradingmyheartforyours
Tbf last year I was running 8 mile routes 2-3 times a week after full time work so totally slacking this year but I'll get back there sometime :tongue:

:hugs: to you too!

When is it due? Do you have a personal tutor you could speak to? What interests you in relation to your degree? That's a good place to start.

:jumphug: hope you feel better soon.

If I had to 'drink' then why don't you get coke because how do they know there is no vodka in there :biggrin:

Original post by ParadoxSocks
Get a small diet coke or lemonade and they won't know you aren't drinking. Your body, your choice.

Is everyone okay today? I just read that a very triggering post got through last night (I have no idea how it was approved!) so I just want to be sure that you're all okay *group hugs*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks guys. Not sure why but peer pressure to drink really worries me.
Mostly scared of what my old school friends (the lads) will think. :redface:
Reply 190
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
If your friends are decent people, they shouldn't even be bothered about whether you drink or not. I think you can still have fun without drinking, and maybe you could try proving that to them :smile:

It's as much the expectation to go out and party non stop throughout the next month, mostly in clubs or house partied :tongue:
I do like some quiet time and I NEED to sort my sleep pattern.
I love terry pratchet! :excited:

Posted from TSR Mobile

one of my faves :smile: do you read any other fantasy/sci fi fictiony type things?
Original post by purple-duck
Rincewind :love: Same here with being one of my first of that kinda book! I started with Small Gods and remember getting very confused :tongue:
Have you checked in charity shops? Don't have hardbacks so often - but got a lot of them in paperback that way :smile:

ahhh love rincewind, possibly one of my fav discworld characters :redface: and yeah, i have a coupled in paperback but i just have a soft spot for hardbacks :colondollar: they just look so preeettty in my bookshelves :love:

have you read anything else by terry pratchett? good omens is particularly amazing, he wrote it with neil gaimen and it is hilarious

Spent the morning looking up whether it might be something other than depression. Bipolar II, Cyclothymia and BPD all have bits of them that fit.. In a way I know that I should tell a GP because it'll be better for managing my mood, but I also don't want anything confirmed if that makes sense :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: i know exactly how you feel, i am pretty certain i have elements of BPD because i fit almost all the diagnostic criteria, but i've been just stopping myself looking too much into it and i've been trying to not think about it a lot because i because i was starting to freak myself out about it and it was sending me into a bit of a negative spiral, so they way i see it, the only way to progress is to open up to somebody in authority about my thoughts on it as well as immediately stop the research into it, because its both going to freak you out even more plus it wont get you anywhere if you just keep it to yourself

Original post by Noodlzzz
Joining the coffee appreciation group! Time for another one I think :biggrin:

*hi5* on that one, just had my morning cuppa joe (a bit delayed due to long lie in :tongue:)

I'm out of milk :frown: So it'll be fruit tea until it stops piddling it down.

fruit tea is just as good :h: what flavour?
Playing a gig today and feeling physically sick about it despite the fact that I know it'll be a really small crowd. Then have a guiding overnight Im helping out at but the voices are SO bad at the moment and I dont want to take my meds and I cant really stop crying and just jdleiejmncinalslwpru :cry2:
Original post by Team_McDreamy

oh I have LOADS. Like, too many.
one of my faves :smile: do you read any other fantasy/sci fi fictiony type things?

ahhh love rincewind, possibly one of my fav discworld characters :redface: and yeah, i have a coupled in paperback but i just have a soft spot for hardbacks :colondollar: they just look so preeettty in my bookshelves :love:

have you read anything else by terry pratchett? good omens is particularly amazing, he wrote it with neil gaimen and it is hilarious

:hugs: i know exactly how you feel, i am pretty certain i have elements of BPD because i fit almost all the diagnostic criteria, but i've been just stopping myself looking too much into it and i've been trying to not think about it a lot because i because i was starting to freak myself out about it and it was sending me into a bit of a negative spiral, so they way i see it, the only way to progress is to open up to somebody in authority about my thoughts on it as well as immediately stop the research into it, because its both going to freak you out even more plus it wont get you anywhere if you just keep it to yourself

*hi5* on that one, just had my morning cuppa joe (a bit delayed due to long lie in :tongue:)

Yeah he's good, have you read Nation by him? I've hardly read much recently, need to start reading more over the summer, I've been making a list of things to read. I do quite like science fiction, do you have any recommendations?

I for a lot of the criteria for it too, just worried to say anything about it because I've heard of a lot of people not being taken seriously because of it :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by luno
I'm sorry to hear that :console:, must be tough not being able to do something you love. Sorry for all the questions about it, I didn't realise you stopped playing. Hopefully one day it won't hurt too much because you don't deserve to feel like that at all :jumphug:.

Nah it's OK, I don't mind people asking me about it! :nah: Tbh it feels like someone else spent all those years doing music. It doesn't feel like a part of me.

Oxford really changed me as a person and not always in the best ways :emo:

Original post by tasha96
Playing a gig today and feeling physically sick about it despite the fact that I know it'll be a really small crowd. Then have a guiding overnight Im helping out at but the voices are SO bad at the moment and I dont want to take my meds and I cant really stop crying and just jdleiejmncinalslwpru :cry2:

:jumphug: :jumphug: :jumphug:
oh I have LOADS. Like, too many.

i meant what kind are you drinking atm :tongue: i know you have this crazy collection going on :biggrin:

Yeah he's good, have you read Nation by him? I've hardly read much recently, need to start reading more over the summer, I've been making a list of things to read. I do quite like science fiction, do you have any recommendations?

I for a lot of the criteria for it too, just worried to say anything about it because I've heard of a lot of people not being taken seriously because of it :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ooo no i haven't, must look into it. and i'm exactly the same, haven't read in forever - must say i demolished that book, spent the morning reading and finished it in about 2 and half hours :redface: was so nice to read again!

and i must say i read more on the fantasy side of things but there are a couple sci fi authors i do like - Douglas Adams (obv!), Robert Jordan and Isaac Asimov :smile:

i like to go on amazon and look through the 'books other people bought' bit of books ive liked, and goodreads is always a good place to start
i meant what kind are you drinking atm :tongue: i know you have this crazy collection going on :biggrin:

ooo no i haven't, must look into it. and i'm exactly the same, haven't read in forever - must say i demolished that book, spent the morning reading and finished it in about 2 and half hours :redface: was so nice to read again!

and i must say i read more on the fantasy side of things but there are a couple sci fi authors i do like - Douglas Adams (obv!), Robert Jordan and Isaac Asimov :smile:

i like to go on amazon and look through the 'books other people bought' bit of books ive liked, and goodreads is always a good place to start

Yeah it's one of the first ones of his I read, it's standalone so not connected to discworld at all.

Oh I love Douglas Adams! Still need to finish the last 2 books in the hitchhikers series.

They're possibly a bit too childish now seeing as I read them years ago, but there's a series of books that starts with one called Mortal Engines that's really good. Oh and have you read anything by Trudi Canavan?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Cleaned the windows, put a load of washing in, emptied the dishwasher, hoovered up rorys beard jesus christ

Posted from TSR Mobile
feel weird. felt ill, voices, no sleep, raining, yet thought it would be a good idea to go into town and spend ridiculous amounts of money (think Swarovski crystals... yes, really) and just mind was completely absent. cant really remember much now except I have come home with £40 worth of lush bath bombs (I don't have a bath), a crystal necklace, 4 pairs of wading socks and lots of random make up. Kinda want to laugh, but more of me wants to cry. I am so ill :emo:
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest