The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk XIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shadowdweller
You're not a burden at all! :hugs:

You've not got long left of exams now, and things will feel less stressful after that; don't give up! :no:

Thank you, Shadow :hugs: it's just really getting to me and I'm finding everything exhausting. But I know others feel like it so I should stop complaining and get on with it. I won't give up, just feel like doing so a lot

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sliding :emo:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Sliding :emo:

On facebook, or text rorys phone hun, im not gonna let you be on your own through this! :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by PandaWho
On facebook, or text rorys phone hun, im not gonna let you be on your own through this! :jumphug:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. Sister is home for the day, so trying to be sociable but having some much-needed down time atm :emo:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Thanks. Sister is home for the day, so trying to be sociable but having some much-needed down time atm :emo:

Ok hun, thats ok, but remember if you need to melt just let me know :lovehug:

TLC4TLG :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScaryScience
Urgh I'm sorry :console: That's not really an excuse for just not talking to someone for a long period of time. People like that aren't worth it, in my experience. I've been in (and am somewhat still in) those kind of relationships with people, and it never works out. There's trying to get better and then there's being rude and closed minded :sadnod:

I'm incredibly pleased for them but at the same time unless I was my lowest, lowest point I wouldn't put myself first; you seem to do exactly the same. They've been out my life for years and yeah. What do you say to someone who does that? 'I understand'. Like you've said there's trying to get better and putting yourself first at times and there's completely leaving someone's life who already has very few people in their life because of their mental illness. Makes me a little angry if I'm honest :/
Reply 1986
Hi guys…my thread on non-STEM degrees being socially frowned upon for guys got binned for some reason…don't be surprised if I am banned soon haha, thought it'd be safe but apparently not. Well thank you for everything :smile:
Original post by Riku
Hi guys…my thread on non-STEM degrees being socially frowned upon for guys got binned for some reason…don't be surprised if I am banned soon haha, thought it'd be safe but apparently not. Well thank you for everything :smile:

There are more people doing those kind of degrees than not i reckon.
Riku i really do worry about you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1988
There are more people doing those kind of degrees than not i reckon.
Riku i really do worry about you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's no need to worry about me :smile: I'm just digging a hole of cynicism as deep as it'll go before people can tell me the truth rather than beat around the bush
Yeah I do Arts and Humanities :redface:

How are you Panda? :hugs:
Original post by Riku
There's no need to worry about me :smile: I'm just digging a hole of cynicism as deep as it'll go before people can tell me the truth rather than beat around the bush
Yeah I do Arts and Humanities :redface:

How are you Panda? :hugs:

Nothing wrong with that!
Heck by your standards my degrees worse than yours as mines a vocational degree.

Im ok, getting excited at the GP :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1990
Nothing wrong with that!
Heck by your standards my degrees worse than yours as mines a vocational degree.

Im ok, getting excited at the GP :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I should clarify I don't really buy into the snobbishness people have about what is a 'decent' degree or whatever (STEM Master Race etc. which funnily enough I've only seen on TSR!) but I'm trying to assess to what extent everyone else does (and in the process end up buying into it…)
So far the results have been…not too reassuring.

Go easy on them :tongue:
Ooh, through work? I really want to go there :yep: Try and have fun, you could try and see the sights? (Or get a coffee? :wink: )

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by bubble999
Thank you, Shadow :hugs: it's just really getting to me and I'm finding everything exhausting. But I know others feel like it so I should stop complaining and get on with it. I won't give up, just feel like doing so a lot

You're entitled to complain if it's getting you down, regardless of whether others feel like it :yep: I hope things feel better for you after exams; you're doing well dealing with it all :hugs:
Feel so close to giving up

Posted from TSR Mobile

What's made you feel like that? Can you do something to distract yourself?
Original post by superwolf
It is very nice, although as is so often the case it smells amazing and tastes good, but not amazing. :erm:
Aww, I like snails - I used to collect them and put them in a tank as a child, but it didn't have a lid so they always got away. :tongue:

Oh that's not so good. I generally only drink regular tea :biggrin:

Yeah snails are adorable :tongue: I used to put a little dot of paint on garden snail shells and wait for them to come back. Some did.
Original post by Riku
I should clarify I don't really buy into the snobbishness people have about what is a 'decent' degree or whatever (STEM Master Race etc. which funnily enough I've only seen on TSR!) but I'm trying to assess to what extent everyone else does (and in the process end up buying into it…)
So far the results have been…not too reassuring.

Go easy on them :tongue:

TSR is DEFINATELY not a section of society to take norms and averages from!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shadowdweller
You're entitled to complain if it's getting you down, regardless of whether others feel like it :yep: I hope things feel better for you after exams; you're doing well dealing with it all :hugs:

Yeah, I know but feel weak for it :redface:

Original post by A future Midwife
What's made you feel like that? Can you do something to distract yourself?

Mainly revison and exams making me feel like I am stupid and a waste of space

Posted from TSR Mobile

Amen! You can do this, I have faith in you!
Original post by lauraaaaa
Amen! You can do this, I have faith in you!

Thank you, this made me smile :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's not weak :no:

You're not stupid. And you're definitely not a waste of space; like I've said before, you're absolutely lovely on here, and you've helped lots of people :yep:

Latest