The Student Room Group

Arsey's M2 Edexcel revision and resources thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rachelc142
I did m2 at AS so I can't see how this is possible (unless this is a different exam board)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was talking about Edexcel, as per the thread title.

The specification for M2 says
"A knowledge of the specification for M1 and its prerequisites and associated formulae, together with a knowledge of algebra, trigonometry, differentiation and integration, as specified in C1, C2 and C3, is assumed and may be tested."

Very often the differentiation involved is no more than C1/2, but it could be. Thus doing M2 when you've only learnt C1/2 means that your school is gambling that there won't be any C3 content on the paper.
Original post by tiny hobbit

"A knowledge of the specification for M1 and its prerequisites and associated formulae, together with a knowledge of algebra, trigonometry, differentiation and integration, as specified in C1, C2 and C3, is assumed and may be tested."

Very often the differentiation involved is no more than C1/2, but it could be. Thus doing M2 when you've only learnt C1/2 means that your school is gambling that there won't be any C3 content on the paper.

There's never been any C3 differentiation over the past 15 years or so, and even then all it would involve is memorizing the derivatives of sin, cos, etc... for M2.
Original post by tiny hobbit

Oh yeah, haha, yes I'm with edexcel
Having done probably all of the past papers last year for revision I've never come across c3 differentiation in m2
The only differentiation is with vectors of displacement vel & acc I believe? Which are usually if not always of numerical value rather than trig

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rachelc142
Oh yeah, haha, yes I'm with edexcel
Having done probably all of the past papers last year for revision I've never come across c3 differentiation in m2
The only differentiation is with vectors of displacement vel & acc I believe? Which are usually if not always of numerical value rather than trig

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's in the review excercises. Very straight forward though. Differentiation of cos and sin

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 424
Can someone please help me on Q4(b) June 2012 M2...
Original post by Ajh724
Can someone please help me on Q4(b) June 2012 M2...

11350198_1418070331849529_1744369435_n.jpg

i actually meant 2/3 not 7/3 in the diagram
Original post by Arsey
still haven't done this paper, it is on my to do list

Do you have model answers for M2 Jan 14?
Reply 427
Do you mind if you explain what happens when you fold a peace of card?
Q6 Jan 13R
could somebody please give me a hand with Jan 07 Q3b? not sure what I need to do at all! Thankyou!
Reply 429
Original post by Arsey

Initial KE + Initial PE + Energy Created - Energy lost = final KE + Final PE

remember you can take one PE to be zero.

energy created in M2 is work done by engine force = force x distance travelled

energy lost is normally work done against friction/resistance = friction/resistance x distance travelled.

Thank you so much I was struggling with this topic for ages!!! I cannot express how much you have helped with this formula. I have done 30+ questions and haven't got any of them wrong thanks to this formula. Before I was struggling to get even 1 right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending