The Student Room Group

imagining scenarios

sometimes i imagine really embarrasing or weird things happening, and i'll feel like i'm actually in that situation, it makes me talk out loud and move as if it is actually happening, like i'll literally start talking to myself. it's like my imagination is too strong. does anyone else have this? it happens to me very frequently every day. does anyone know what it is?
Reply 1
I have no idea what it is, but I know what it is. Let me rephrase, no idea what it's called, every idea of what is involved.
At first I was doing it when I was by myself and I knew no one was in he house or in room, but recently, I've been doing it automatically, without actually realising I'm doing it until I notice my sister staring at me weirdly.
I do faces in reflective surfaces, talk to myself, have a conversation with myself and other imaginary people who don't actually exist whilst I pretend I'm surrounded by the people I know and then I act all confident and totally not how I ordinarily act because I'm known to be a shy nerd.
It's sort of a constant thing for me, and I always end up picking up on conversations if I left them unfinished because I got interrupted.
Do I want to stop? I don't know, it's a nice release, it allows my mind to relax or stretch other muscles, but then when I start going to uni I'll freak everyone out and be christened the weirdo. Which is pretty accurate, but still not what I want to be known as...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest