The Student Room Group

Epilepsy help!

I'm a week away from my bulk of A level exams, and hold an offer at Exeter with AAA as the condition, but have just been diagnosed with epilepsy after having my second seizure very recently. It has deffinetly made my revision over the last week or so in a bad place, and I really feel my exam results are going to suffer as a result of the shock of diagnosis aswell as the start of treatment which has made me very drowsy.
Are there any opinions out there or experience from anyone as to what I could do to possibly get help or around this somehow?
Many thanks in advance!
Sorry to hear that you have been diagnosed with Epilepsy. Contact Exeter before you do your exam, that way they will know the reason if you did not achieve the conditional grades, otherwise they will think you are using an excuse if you tell them on results day. I am not sure if the exam board will give you special consideration but it is worth telling your exams officer. Hope this helps and good luck :smile:
You can get special considerations for epilepsy! If you go see your GP and explain your situation they will write you a letter and forward it to your school. The school with then send it to the exam boards! I know that if your epilepsy medication effects your memory then you can be given extra time (however, i'm not sure if there's enough time to arrange this in a week). If not, you will awarded extra marks in your exams.
Reply 3
Thanks guys that's really good advice! Shall contact my GP today and ask about the letter. Fingers crossed it doesn't affect my memory as it hasn't seemed to yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest