The Student Room Group

epilepsy and memory

alright, so this may seem a little niche, but i had my first seizure two years ago, and all my memories from that year are more or less wiped out. i know you're probably going to say that its normal for memories to fade over time, but this is not normal, this is huge chunks. i remember more stuff from when i was four than from that year. does anyone else with epilepsy/who knows about epilepsy have this problem/know what's going on?
Original post by maryamaishah
alright, so this may seem a little niche, but i had my first seizure two years ago, and all my memories from that year are more or less wiped out. i know you're probably going to say that its normal for memories to fade over time, but this is not normal, this is huge chunks. i remember more stuff from when i was four than from that year. does anyone else with epilepsy/who knows about epilepsy have this problem/know what's going on?

I don’t although do you have short or long term memory loss
Reply 2
Original post by maryamaishah

i'd say see a gp about that, sounds concerning to have massive chunks of that year removed from your memory.
Reply 3
Original post by Mohammed_80
I don’t although do you have short or long term memory loss

not proper memory loss, it's just that year specifically
Reply 4
I don't think so that you have a issue of that ...

Quick Reply

Latest